Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
    althought i dont think its a strong arguments, whats most profound is that its WAYNE BRIDGES WIFE
    Bridge is not married, nor was he married at the time of the alleged affair.

ReputationRep:
    If Terry resigned as captain? Who would take over?

Steven "ABH" Gerrard?

:doh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I am aware he is the Chelsea and England captain. Why should what he does between sheets got to do with his performance as a footballer?
    Would you though? You would say no, even if she was fit. Who can blame the fella?
    Er, why are you asking me that question considering I've already stated it doesn't - I presume you haven't even read the thread.

Well it was a stupid thing to do, footballers never change.

ReputationRep:
    There's no-one else to take the captaincy.

That speaks volumes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)

That speaks volumes.
    Lampard's a more than suitable candidate if we're going by who should be captain judging how they act in their private life. If we're judging however on how they are on the pitch, JT should stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)

That speaks volumes.
    I suppose Rooney could.. Oh no, hold on... Even he has "apparently" banged dirty prossies... He's off the list.

How about Robert Green? He hasn't done anything has he? Unless he likes stuffing animals in his spare time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Er, why are you asking me that question considering I've already stated it doesn't - I presume you haven't even read the thread.

Well it was a stupid thing to do, footballers never change.
    Your being stupid for saying no. Your gonna do it. Why? Because your a ******* human. JT is a human. You have needs. You would not say no to a bit of Vanessa.
    Footballers never change, what is your point here?

JT should carry on his captaincy, and I hope it does not damage his career. If it does, it is a farce.

ReputationRep:
    Who else would do it? Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, most of them have had affairs. And Rooney and Gerrard are both violent little thugs, so they'd be no use either. I'm a die-hard Chelsea fan so I'm biased, but still, I think he's the best man for the job...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Your being stupid for saying no. Your gonna do it. Why? Because your a ******* human. JT is a human. You have needs. You would not say no to a bit of Vanessa.
    Footballers never change, what is your point here?

JT should carry on his captaincy, and I hope it does not damage his career. If it does, it is a farce.
    It's so irrelevent whether or not outsiders would do it.

Footballers never change - compare this incident with what footballers got up to in their private lives 40 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauram992)
    Who else would do it? Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, most of them have had affairs. And Rooney and Gerrard are both violent little thugs, so they'd be no use either. I'm a die-hard Chelsea fan so I'm biased, but still, I think he's the best man for the job...
    Lampard's had an affair? Really?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're getting confused, tbh. Rooney can be angry and passionate, but he is not violent.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard's had an affair? Really?
    Allegedly, about two years ago there were photos of him all over the front pages with hotel maids. Also there was some scandal involving him Ferdinand and Terry a few years back with some gay tape sex scandal. So yeah, none of them are perfect. And they're hardly claiming to be saints for crying out loud, they're footballers. They're human like everyone else. I'm not condoning what Terry did but I don't see what his affair has to do with his footballing ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Bridge is not married, nor was he married at the time of the alleged affair.
    Bridge has a child with Vanessa doesn't he? And weren't they long-term partners?

ReputationRep:
    Sol Campbell is the perfect candidate.

ReputationRep:
    It's so irrelevent whether or not outsiders would do it.

Footballers never change - compare this incident with what footballers got up to in their private lives 40 years ago.
    What is your point exactly? Footballer never change, and....What has that got to do with anything?

John Terry is good player, and he should remain captain.
    His personal life has nothing to do with his career.

And why should we care? We all would bang her given opportunity. He got there. It is just a revolting stench of hypocrisy to say so otherwise.

The comment about people looking up to him; he should be more responsible...He has no responsiblity to his fans or anyone apart from his family, and himself. People should just get a grip.

No, I am not a Chelsea fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I think you're getting confused, tbh. Rooney can be angry and passionate, but he is not violent.
    Take a closer look next time you watch Man utd. At how he berates the reff constantly, how he swears and generally acts like a thug. The only difference is he hasn't assaulted anyone like Gerrard has. yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Bridge has a child with Vanessa doesn't he? And weren't they long-term partners?
    He might want to get a paternity test now, if "he" had a kid with her..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I suppose Rooney could.. Oh no, hold on... Even he has "apparently" banged dirty prossies... He's off the list.

How about Robert Green? He hasn't done anything has he? Unless he likes stuffing animals in his spare time?
    /sarcasm

I actually think Rooney would make a great captain. His aggression (if fine tuned by Capello) would be a great asset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    She was Bridge's girl at the time. Yes we'd all bang her, It wouldn't be acceptable. But Wayne Bridge is not our best mate. That's what makes it bad.

John Terry should resign from being captain. but did Beckahm resign when he had all the affair controversy.

and by the way...

Tiger Woods... The New John Terry.
    I don't think a Newcastle fan is one to talk. The name of your team is synonymous with thuggish players. Yes, Terry had an affair but so do plenty of ordinary people. I'm not condoning it, but he's not claiming to be an angel or whatever, he's a footballer. It's not like he's killed anyone or attacked anyone with a glass *cough andy carroll cough*

ReputationRep:
    Allegedly, about two years ago there were photos of him all over the front pages with hotel maids. Also there was some scandal involving him Ferdinand and Terry a few years back with some gay tape sex scandal. So yeah, none of them are perfect. And they're hardly claiming to be saints for crying out loud, they're footballers. They're human like everyone else. I'm not condoning what Terry did but I don't see what his affair has to do with his footballing ability.
    his affairs and other ****-ups affect those around him, including fellow footballers. If he's not getting along with players in club and international football set-ups, because of his off-field ****-ups, then this is hardly an ideal situation is it? His off-field business is having an adverse impact on his relationships with other footballers and this could impact upon the football when they come together and share the same football pitch in the same team colours.

Essentially, his affairs and other misdeeds, certainly have the potential to mess around with his footballing affairs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.