Turn on thread page Beta

John Terry; The new Tiger Woods. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Violence need not be confined to interpersonal violence.
    Cheers for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Meh, Wayne Bridge is one of my favourite players of all time - still hear his name reguarly at the Bridge.
    That's because it is the name of the stadium not because they are talking about Wayne. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    That's because it is the name of the stadium not because they are talking about Wayne. :p:
    Well, when it's "Wayne Bridge", everyone isn't talking of "Stamford Bridge". :rolleyes:

Unless of course our very own mascot Stamford scored the late winner at Highbury.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

The classy JT banging his team-mates missus. What do you expect from this dirty English scumbag when his older brother is a nobody footballer, his dad has been arrested for dealing cocaine in a pub and his mom arrested for stealing from a superdrug or where ever the **** the old **** robbed her anti-ageing cream from. Criminal genes have obviously been passed down to his twin kids too, just a matter of time before they are arrested for raping Brooklyn Beckham in the woods of Hyde Park...

I want to send the England team to Afghanistan to do a hard days work and if the **** goes down, use Ashley Cole in operation human shield.

Nuff Said

Fatty Out!

ReputationRep:
    rofl.

Powerful comments, son.

Alan Smith for England captain. :manutd:

ReputationRep:
    Thats a bridge too far!

ReputationRep:
    They'll have to bridge their personal differences if they're to feature together in the same England squad.

ReputationRep:
    Poor guy not even 1st pick with his wife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avtastic)
    LOL

The classy JT banging his team-mates missus. What do you expect from this dirty English scumbag when his older brother is a nobody footballer, his dad has been arrested for dealing cocaine in a pub and his mom arrested for stealing from a superdrug or where ever the **** the old **** robbed her anti-ageing cream from. Criminal genes have obviously been passed down to his twin kids too, just a matter of time before they are arrested for raping Brooklyn Beckham in the woods of Hyde Park...

I want to send the England team to Afghanistan to do a hard days work and if the **** goes down, use Ashley Cole in operation human shield.

Nuff Said

Fatty Out!
    Legend. Thanks for the giggles. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Bridge is not married, nor was he married at the time of the alleged affair.
    ohh i see but it was still his girlfriend right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    He's on a hot streak atm Terry, with all the negative stories coming one by one. His PR person must be raking it in with all the fire fighting he or she has to do with JT. He'll still be England captain, the FA are gutless when it comes to situations like this, dont want to rock the boat. Might be a situation where Capello may not pick Bridge for the WC squad, he's injured anyway but if he returns, could happen.
    Terry's PR manager was the same as Bridges untill they split earlier this year, ironically. Thats why his PR is non existant... he has declined to comment on any of the allegations on him for months.

To everyone that says they don't care Terry shouldn't lose his captaincy... what when his team mates all think he's a grade A c***? Yeah it's gonna be such a unified team! They're all gonna be wondering if he will do it again. JT is an arrogant person who doesn't care who he steps over to get what he want.

ReputationRep:
    Who needs a leader anyway? All the England players should get their ass in gear and JUST play football. They don't need a 'captain'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    They'll have to bridge their personal differences if they're to feature together in the same England squad.
    And on a similar note...

I bet he can't wait for the World Cup, he seems to enjoy playing away from home.

Though fans are concerned he might score in the wrong net again

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    In the court injunction he requested, it seems the Judge decided that he was requesting that injunction because of sponsorship issues. Think he's seen old Tiger's sponsorships fall on the wayside, and probably doesn't want his sponsors to ditch him. That, I would have thought would be the last thing on his mind considering he's got a marriage to save.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexicle89)
    Terry's PR manager was the same as Bridges untill they split earlier this year, ironically. Thats why his PR is non existant... he has declined to comment on any of the allegations on him for months.

To everyone that says they don't care Terry shouldn't lose his captaincy... what when his team mates all think he's a grade A c***? Yeah it's gonna be such a unified team! They're all gonna be wondering if he will do it again. JT is an arrogant person who doesn't care who he steps over to get what he want.
    i don't think you can judge a man based on this article, simply becuase you wouldnt know the full story, vanessa split from bridge so she was depressed single= desperate perhaps, so i think we shouldn't take things at face value

ReputationRep:
    Roberto Mancini says that Man City players were wearing "Team Bridge" shirts today. Personally, I think that's a stupid, stupid move by them. It's just **** stirring - there was no reason to do that publicly and it just puts unnecessary pressure on the national team and automatically causes friction between two factions in the England national team. Yes, John Terry is in the wrong and created the friction, but there's no need to inflate it anymore, especially when the issue hasn't been resolved as far as the England captaincy is concerned.

I personally think Terry has to stand down as England captain. Not because of a moral thing, or because it's the right thing to do, but because this has been made as such a massive deal that there's no conceivable way he can remain captain and keep the fans and the players happy.

EDIT: Just heard that it wasn't any of the English players that wore the Team Bridge shirts - that makes it less of a big deal, but it's still a stupid move on the part of De Jong, Tevez and Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzurai)
    i don't think you can judge a man based on this article, simply becuase you wouldnt know the full story, vanessa split from bridge so she was depressed single= desperate perhaps, so i think we shouldn't take things at face value
    LOL does this have anything to do with the fact you have a Chelsea badge as your avatar?

No, I do think that it was equally Vanessa's fault as Johns. But the fact Vanessa was Toni's friend and most likely knew what John was like before makes it slightly worse for her side, we knew he was a jerk but she has shown herself to be a tramp.
    I personally don't care that Vanessa had by that point left Bridge, she was the one who let Terry seduce her and he seems to have a serious attitude problem. If this had happened in politics people would be calling for both of their heads, so on the same if not more influential scale and people are saying 'we dont know the full story' look, this was a man with kids having unprotected sex with his mates ex/mother of his child, don't really know how you can polish that turd?

I think JT is a grade A nob, and it's just funny that this is all pouring out now after years of good PR smouldering bad press (9/11, infidelity, pikey family), now he has lost his PR and is refusing to comment on anything - it's hilarious.

I don't think for one minute he is the first footballer to have had absurd behaviour, but his sheer arrogance is what has angered the press in pushing to publish his affair.. stuff like refusing to make comment but not learning from the error of his ways? And this man is supposed to captain a team? The same team he has made sex videos with, made them sing chants at 9/11 and now probably disgusted most of them - people are going to side with WBridge, I want a statement frm Capello this week =)

ReputationRep:
    I think Wayne Bridge, although touched in someway by the gesture of certain City players to wear a T-shirt backing him, that's probably the last thing he would have wanted his team mates to do. Sending a text message to show their support should be enough, not wearing a T-shirt and making his affair even more public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I think Wayne Bridge, although touched in someway by the gesture of certain City players to wear a T-shirt backing him, that's probably the last thing he would have wanted his team mates to do. Sending a text message to show their support should be enough, not wearing a T-shirt and making his affair even more public.
    But surely they would've asked him first? I think WB probably benefits from some unionised support in his team - publicly, because it shows that other footballers are not accepting of Terry being able to act stupidly and keep his role as captain. Public support is nice, deep down WB might have felt a bit emasculated by the revelations.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.