The Student Room Group
Reply 1
6 months? Are you sure you're not preggers?
Anonymous
Basically, for at least 6 months maybe a few more.. i haven't had a period. I'm going to the doctor about it, but i was just wondering if they would put me on the pill as a solution? I'm not underweight at all and i don't know what could be causing it. Any help much appreciated!

Could be any number of things, one that i think it could be is PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - which can cause irratic periods - delay ovulation from increased hormones, other symptoms can be increased weight (particularly around the middle), excess hair, acne..
Reply 3
Have you always been irregular?
Have you lost weight recently or been under lots of stress?
Could be PCOS..
Have you been on the pill before?

I've not had my period for 3 months, because I came off the pill and it can take up to 6 months for it to come back, it's great.

Anyway, if you feel it's not the norm for you then get it checked out!
Reply 4
I had the same problem when I was a teenager, apparently it can be normal at that age.
I used to have months between periods, they put me on the pill for it. Sorted. Could you be pregnant?
Reply 6
Anonymous
Basically, for at least 6 months maybe a few more.. i haven't had a period. I'm going to the doctor about it, but i was just wondering if they would put me on the pill as a solution? I'm not underweight at all and i don't know what could be causing it. Any help much appreciated!

Is this the first time it has been irregular? Poly cystic ovarian syndrome main symptom is irregular periods, but excess hair growth is also one. How long have you been menstruating for?

Also, how is your diet like? They might put you on the pill if they though that your hormonal levels were imbalanced. But they will first take a blood test to check that before prescribing you any contraceptives.

Latest