Turn on thread page Beta

what excuse could you use to talk to a girl you don't know actually know in sixth for watch

ReputationRep:
    i have a problem

a girl used to check me out like every day i walked in college, but i didn't know how to react so i pretended not to notice it. now i think she has lost interest so i want to actually talk to her, but i don't have a reason to

she isn't in any of my classes and it would be extremely awkward to just walk up to her and try make a conversation.

any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Find out who she is/if you know any of her friends or such like and try that.

ReputationRep:
    "accidentally" bump in to her when you're walking past eachother! then say "oh my god i'm really sorry!" and carry on some conversation from there?

lol a bit like a scene from a film maybe but it could work?!!

ReputationRep:
    timing is the most important.. but you could go down the "i know you were checking me out" route

ReputationRep:
    Is there a mutual friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charltom92)
    "accidentally" bump in to her when you're walking past eachother! then say "oh my god i'm really sorry!" and carry on some conversation from there?

lol a bit like a scene from a film maybe but it could work?!!
    thanks but that sounds hard to pull off lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shessolovely)
    Is there a mutual friend?
    dont think she knows anybody i do. haven't seen her talk to any of my friends.

i think she is in second year, whilst im in first. so the chances are pretty low since me and my friends only started this september

lick your lips at her

ReputationRep:
    IMO the only real advice here is from Yekim. Bumbing into someone is hard to pull off well, without looking like a complete *******.

as for the "I know u were checking me out" route, it can very quickly back fire. Unless ur able to find her on her own. In which case ur better off just starting off a conversation about something else.

I suggest u keep ur eye out for her, try to find out more about her, and if the opportunity presents itself, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousean0ny)
    she isn't in any of my classes and it would be extremely awkward to just walk up to her and try make a conversation.
    Yes. Do it anyway. The worst that can happen is that she thinks you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Drop a book as you walk past her and pretend not to notice. Make sure it isn't a crowded hallways or anything. Slightly easier than bumbing into her.

I know it sounds like a scene from a high school musical type film but it may work :p:

ReputationRep:
    From across the Cafe declare loudly "THIS IS YOUR DINNER" and with your hands point towards your genitals.

ReputationRep:
    Or on a more serious note... possible to find out if she has a job?? maybe bump into her there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Drop a book as you walk past her and pretend not to notice. Make sure it isn't a crowded hallways or anything. Slightly easier than bumbing into her.

I know it sounds like a scene from a high school musical type film but it may work :p:
    ...and if she doesn't tell me that i've dropped a book.

a) im the loser with no bag
    b) im an idiot who doesn't notice when he drops a book

ReputationRep:
    Smile at her and say 'hi'. Then see if you can ask around a bit to find her name. Then add her on facebook and make some excuse like 'ohh sorry I thought you were someone else, thats weird. But hey anyway, how are you? Girl: "fine thanks, you? x" then you say: 'good thanks...wait you go to my college dont you? Ive seen you around a bit! x'

and she will be so happy you recognised her checking you out, that you can ask for her number after you've talked a bit and arrange to meet up in r/l.
    tada, problem solved

But seriously though, you should do something about your feelings, because you will only regret what could have happened, as i have done so often after being too scared.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend that you've known her from somewhere. Go up to her and say, 'oh my, 'insert random name', I haven't seen you in such a long time, how are you?', to which she will respond, 'no sorry, i don't know you' and then she'll laugh and so will you and then you leave... Next time you see her, say 'hi, again.' That's where it starts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousean0ny)
    dont think she knows anybody i do. haven't seen her talk to any of my friends.

i think she is in second year, whilst im in first. so the chances are pretty low since me and my friends only started this september
    I've been in a similar situation.... just go talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    Go up to her and say 'how you doin'? Works for me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Be her friend.Flirt.Talk to her.Be romantic.Compliment her.Make her laugh.Ask her out.
    p.s dnt think shell blank yu or anythng, if she doez....she anit worth it

(Original post by Captain Nebula)
    From across the Cafe declare loudly "THIS IS YOUR DINNER" and with your hands point towards your genitals.
    lmfao hope shes not vegetarian being meat nd 2 veg....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.