Turn on thread page Beta

Slang that makes you puke watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocobloc)
    Yeah, it is! Pet is a cute word, aww :yes:
    Seriously ? I thought it would be demeening to girls. That's the only reason I say it, i'm going to be disapointed if it's ben making me sound cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Seriously ? I thought it would be demeening to girls. That's the only reason I say it, i'm going to be disapointed if it's ben making me sound cute.
    I've always thought people used it to be nice, maybe I'm wrong!! :mute:
    I have always taken it well haha opps! :o: hmm maybe it depends on the way you say it though!!

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought people used it to be nice, maybe I'm wrong!! :mute:
    I have always taken it well haha opps! :o: hmm maybe it depends on the way you say it though!!
    Just as in "alreet pet ?" It always gets weird responses anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Just as in "alreet pet ?" It always gets weird responses anyway.
    haha Okay actually, that would be annoying, because its a bit like 'love' used in that way! :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    haha Okay actually, that would be annoying, because its a bit like 'love' used in that way! :mad2:
    Yeah maybe even worse, it's intended to be both patronising and sexist. What a ladies man, eh ?

ReputationRep:
    The word c**t has replaced the word one here in Glasgow for some people. As in somec**t....anyc**t etc.

ReputationRep:
    Irie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Yeah maybe even worse, it's intended to be both patronising and sexist. What a ladies man, eh ?
    Haha damn that word sucks, I can't believe I have never taken offence to it!!! :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I hate the whole 'fail' thing. And anything that is 'well good' or 'well bad' etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    What's wrong with using normal words for those things :sad:

I don't think I've ever heard someone talk like that :s:
    Wow, seriously come to East London Brav.

Loool, its a lifestyle. The way you prefer your ra-tatata with a cup of tea, we prefer this bullsssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    A girl an sixth form uses bane/baine/bain not sure how to spell it. I had to ask her what it was. It's child, I think it sounds so awful, chavvy, common and cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying I dislike it, but everyone is using this term "mandem". Well I know everyone in London uses it, and us Northerners use it in a mocking way because we're a politically-incorrect lot. Anyway turns out its Jamaican and the combination of the english words man them. :zomg: Fair dos

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.