Turn on thread page Beta

Don't want gap year anymore? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I applied for deferred entry kinda wishing i hadn't. is it possible to change it to entry sept '10? will unis likely let me change, should i do it now or at results or will all coruse places be taken up?
    im doing languages.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, email your uni, they will consider it

ReputationRep:
    woah, that sucks. I've applied for the wrong version of my course in one of my choices, but i'm not gonna worry about it unless i get accepted.

you should write a letter, i have a friend that changed thier course into a joint degree, all they did was ask in a letter after being on an open day- they also reduced the conditions of his offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjackson18624)
    woah, that sucks. I've applied for the wrong version of my course in one of my choices, but i'm not gonna worry about it unless i get accepted.

you should write a letter, i have a friend that changed thier course into a joint degree, all they did was ask in a letter after being on an open day- they also reduced the conditions of his offer.

eeek the only thing is im not 100% sureor not. if i wait til results will it be too late?
    its just im soo looking forward to uni i dont know if i can wait another year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mos-cow)
    eeek the only thing is im not 100% sureor not. if i wait til results will it be too late?
    its just im soo looking forward to uni i dont know if i can wait another year!

I don't think you should have a gap year if you have any doubts, because you'll just end up spending a year pining over when you go to uni. trust me. a gap year needs to be really planned and structured or you'll just end up bumming around/being bored the whole time, my best friend took an unexpected gap year and she's hating it. mines a bit more planned and i'm looking forward to traveling and have filled up my time in the meanwhile. I'd say wait 1-2 months and then decide- results would be wayyy too late, you need to organise accomodation finance and everything.

ReputationRep:
    if you meant feb/march results, no then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjackson18624)

If you know the course is wrong, then let them no sooner rather than later! It might be they reject you for this course but would have accepted you for the other one. At least make sure you are being considered for the right course and it is minimal effort to contact UCAS and the university in the scheme of things.

and for the OP, do it now. By results day the chances are that places will have been taken depending on the competitiveness of the course so you have a much better chance of them saying yes if you do it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    If you know the course is wrong, then let them no sooner rather than later! It might be they reject you for this course but would have accepted you for the other one. At least make sure you are being considered for the right course and it is minimal effort to contact UCAS and the university in the scheme of things.

and for the OP, do it now. By results day the chances are that places will have been taken depending on the competitiveness of the course so you have a much better chance of them saying yes if you do it now.

yeah this did cross my mind, because my p/s is mainly geared towards business and no-where does it mention leadership. however, the courses are quite similar and i have a feeling i have applied to the less competitve of the two, so if they reject me i probably wouldn't have been good enough for the other course anyway. if it was the other way around, id have probably let them know straight away. I should get a response any day now besides..

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.