Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had my haircut a week last tuesday so getting on for 2weeks now, but im not happy with the way the guy cut my hair. It wasn't cheap either but now worried its too late to do anything about it!? The cut is OK, but he hasnt shaped it round my face or blended the fringe in properly. At the time it was hard to tell due to styling, and then i went away for a long weekend so it's only really now that i have thought about it...

What should i do? I cant afford a new cut! If i go back in and 'complain' they may charge me for a new cut, when all i want is a 'free' tidy-up of what he's already done!

ReputationRep:
    Just go in and explain you couldn't really tell how your hair would look without all the styling, as you cant really do it every day, and you aren't happy with what was done. Just ask for them to shape the fringe or whatever, it won't take them long, but make it clear that you aren't expecting to pay for this to be corrected as it was the fault of the hairdresser.

Two weeks is a bit of a long time though..... how did you not realise sooner that you didnt like it, say, the day after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBean123)
    Just go in and explain you couldn't really tell how your hair would look without all the styling, as you cant really do it every day, and you aren't happy with what was done. Just ask for them to shape the fringe or whatever, it won't take them long, but make it clear that you aren't expecting to pay for this to be corrected as it was the fault of the hairdresser.

Two weeks is a bit of a long time though..... how did you not realise sooner that you didnt like it, say, the day after?
    I did but i've had exams at uni so not really been thinking of much else, and then i went home for a long weekend and only recently got back. Also didn't think there would be anything i could do about it this late on! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidders)
    I did but i've had exams at uni so not really been thinking of much else, and then i went home for a long weekend and only recently got back. Also didn't think there would be anything i could do about it this late on! :confused:
    Cut it yourself? I just cut my own hair these days, as hairdressers never do what I want! I always end up unhappy and just cutting it myself afterwards, so I thought I might as well do it all myself!

Some people think its scary to do it yourself, but if you just chop it gradually then you wont end up with any drastic results. People are always shocked when I say I cut my hair myself!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.