11.11%
    Friday of 4th
    77.78%
    Saturday of 4th
    44.44%
    Sunday of 5th
    55.56%

ReputationRep:
    So, on account of being in America last term, I missed the meet, and wanted to make sure one happened this term. Vote for any day in 3rd or 4th week that works for you, and the one that looks best will triumph. Also, suggest good places to meet.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably it's currently second week?

ReputationRep:
    Yes - Monday of 3rd is the first of Feb in real money.

ReputationRep:
    i can try and make most days, but i've voted the ones that currently look most possible for me.

g&ds is nice? although so is the cocktail bar we met in last time, near the bear pub.

ReputationRep:
    Very much up for it - happy with pretty much anywhere but either G&Ds or the House (place near the Bear)/The Duke work.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for a meet, I'd prefer to avoid Mondays and Thursdays but anywhere any (other) time is good.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised I forgot to subscribe to this thread, though I did vote on it. House worked well last time for a meet; G&Ds can be good but it depends on the time - sometimes it's difficult to get a big table.

ReputationRep:
    So, looks like Friday 4th Week, then?

ReputationRep:
    I can't really do Friday of 4th anymore - have to be in london that day so now have a 5pm tute (and it's friday evening which is vile as I discovered last night!).

ReputationRep:
    Friday still looks to be the best day for most people - what's the plan? I have formal from 7 to 8 (as does Bezzler), so I'd be keen on either afternoon G&Ds or getting to a cocktail bar at the very start of the happy hour...

ReputationRep:
    Oh well noticed, I do have JCR guest night. I also have a tute from 12-1 and one from 2-3, so perhaps after that? I'd rather not have it after formal, because I'm hoping to bring friends and everybody has stuff to do on a Friday evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Oh well noticed, I do have JCR guest night. I also have a tute from 12-1 and one from 2-3, so perhaps after that? I'd rather not have it after formal, because I'm hoping to bring friends and everybody has stuff to do on a Friday evening.
    Yeah, I have lectures/classes at those times as well - I'd be up for the Little Clarendon G&Ds at maybe 4pm, and then if the meet's going strong after an hour we could drift over to to DofC's for cheap* drinks?

*this is a lie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkd)
    Yeah, I have lectures/classes at those times as well - I'd be up for the Little Clarendon G&Ds at maybe 4pm, and then if the meet's going strong after an hour we could drift over to to DofC's for cheap* drinks?

*this is a lie
    Or alternatively the St Aldate's G&Ds followed by House? I don't know how prices compare between House and DofC...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Or alternatively the St Aldate's G&Ds followed by House? I don't know how prices compare between House and DofC...
    Same - it's the same company.

ReputationRep:
    What's happening then? Is it actually going ahead?

ReputationRep:
    Aye, is it?

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't look like it. maybe we could attempt to meet later in term?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.