Turn on thread page Beta

Sister shouting ALL the time watch

Hi, so my sister shouts ALL the time; especially to my parents. Me and my dad just usually ignore her when she shouts at me, but sometimes my mum shouts back too.

Today, while we were eating, my sister got some hot food on her hand by accident while my mum was giving her some, and she started shouting at her etc doing a hissy fit.

At the time there was that program about those baby/toddlers that are uncontrollable, and I remarked that she was like one of those babies (she is 16). After that I went to eat in the kitchen, when my sister came in and shoved m and shouted to move from the sink.

I moved and when SHE was infront of the sink, I did exactly the same thing to her, shoved her gently, and shouted to move from the sink too. By this time I realised how pissed off I was at her - she shouts everyday at everyone when she gets SLIGHTLY ANNOYED at the smallest things.

So obviously I thought I'd teach her how it feels to be shouted at all the time, and you guessed it, she starts crying and **** like that.

Sigh

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's depressed?

ReputationRep:
    Why should someone cry just because he/she was shouted at? She won't survive the world outside home...

(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    Maybe she's depressed?
    Oh I just found out she supposdly doesn't have any friends at MHSG from my mum (we come from a poor background but she got in with a scholarship). Which means she can't afford all the stuff all the other girls get I guess.

Maybe I have been the one who has been the cold-hearted one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh I just found out she supposdly doesn't have any friends at MHSG from my mum (we come from a poor background but she got in with a scholarship). Which means she can't afford all the stuff all the other girls get I guess.

Maybe I have been the one who has been the cold-hearted one.
    She's 16 - it's coming up to exam time, maybe she's stressed about her exams as well?

Maybe she's stressed? I go like that sometimes, though I never shout at my parents :|
    Try and support her, but also tell her that she needs to calm down.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty ungrateful tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds just like me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.