Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Well I am a 2011 medicine applicant (hopefully grades permiting) and was wondering how I would go about doing something like this? I want to do something special not to make me stand out as such , but something that will give me a long lasting experience.

So how would I actually raise money or actually even get started? I know which charity the funds will go to but can someone help me out?

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    Hey guys,

Well I am a 2011 medicine applicant (hopefully grades permiting) and was wondering how I would go about doing something like this? I want to do something special not to make me stand out as such , but something that will give me a long lasting experience.

So how would I actually raise money or actually even get started? I know which charity the funds will go to but can someone help me out?

I did a skydive and 150ft abseil for a charity last year but they were both events which the charity organised so all I had to do was sign up basically, pay a deposit, and then raise the money.

Check with the charity you want to raise money for first to see if they already organise events such as this. Most charities have their own website and a fundraising events section.

If your chosen charity doesn't do a sponsored bungee jump and it's a bungee jump that you specifically want to do, then perhaps arrange the bungee jump yourself and then ask the charity for permission, to raise money for it.

In terms of fundraising, I just canvassed friends and family. I had a sponsorship form but I also set up a 'Just Giving' account so people could donate money online. You can set up a free 'Just Giving' page here:

http://www.justgiving.com

It's really convenient because people can donate online and the money goes directly to the charity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    Hey guys,

By the way, you're from Mongolia? my oldest brother use to run a pub in the Mongolian capital, called 'Dave's place'. He still lives in Mongolia but I don't know if he still has the pub.

I don't know how to help you, but that's amazing

Good luck :top:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.