Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you ever think about/ plan your suicide? watch

do you?

It's weird but i'd just prefer to take my own life when and how I want.

It's comforting I suppose to think that if it all gets too, too much you can just end it all.

I have thought very seriously about it in the past but I don't want to hurt my family/ friends

thoughts/ experiences?

ReputationRep:
    Thought about it when i was depressed for a few years but to be honest it seems such a waste of life ... sure things might be **** but you have the rest of your life to turn it all around, getting through the hard times is what makes you a real person and someone people can depend on no matter what situation yourself or others get in too.

Yep. Got a few (range of time scale) goals I want to achieve first though.

ReputationRep:
    Never have, never will. You only live once, I don't want to spend it thinking about my death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yep. Got a few (range of time scale) goals I want to achieve first though.
    Fair enough but you can always get help Councillor, Psychiatrist been seeing one for about a year or two now and I feel a lot better than I ever have done (:

May I ask what is making you feel so depressed?

Yeah. Often. But that's just me feeling sorry for myself/being romantic/wanting to hear my own eulogy.

Wouldn't actually do it. (I'm just a lil pathetic)

Yer but I don't have the balls.

I just can't see myself living into my thirties even

It's scary

ReputationRep:
    yep. my life goes through some **** patches. its only natural to think of this stuff.... in a **** patch right now

ReputationRep:
    Yep, often when I'm feeling down.

(Original post by PandaDude)
    Fair enough but you can always get help Councillor, Psychiatrist been seeing one for about a year or two now and I feel a lot better than I ever have done (:

May I ask what is making you feel so depressed?
    Of course... Been there, tried that, got the t-shirt. The way I see it; by putting obstacles in the way (and trying to always create new ones so I don't run out!) is doing pretty much the same job... Still here, for now!

I tend to think I have two life paths. One where everything will go swimmingly, I'll meet the guy of my dreams, get married, have kids, get a great job, a house, a dog, a 4x4, grow old with him and die with a few grandkids... One where I end up dead and ruined in a gutter before my 25th birthday. Scary thing is, I'm completely fine with either of those two eventualities.

ReputationRep:
    Life is scary, you have to learn to deal with it. I don't think about things like that anymore because I like trying to overcome issues and I feel better when I've done it. Ending it all isn't really gonna help.

way too often.

But what's weird is that everytime I go in a car, bus, train or plane I get horribly scared it's going to crash and I'll die. I'd like to die on my own terms thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    tryed it and just ended up in hospital for medical stabilisation then on to a psych ward with all the real nutter (psych ward was scariest experiance of my life.... you dont need to commit suiside the patients will kill you first).

seroiusly though mate see your doc. thinking about this stuff regularly is not good for your mental health. and it is not really normal.

ReputationRep:
    Every night for about 3 hours

ReputationRep:
    I just can't see myself living into my thirties even

It's scary
    i use to think like that every day for about a year.
    it is scary that is why it would be good to talk to your gp. dont worry they will not put you away or have you on 10 drugs a day, most likley they will just talk and ask you why you wanna die and what help you feel you need.

I have done this in the past when things got bad- very rarely now. I can relate to what you say about feeling comforted in the fact that if things go wrong, theres always the option. Its normal to think about suicide and death once in a while but remember there is help out there for you if you want it. It can feel like suicide is the only way out but that isn't true- there are lots of other, healthier ways to cope with problems.

I feel so guilty even just thinking around my Dad. He has no idea
    I don't want to have these thoughts

I'm already on meds

ReputationRep:

I tend to think I have two life paths. One where everything will go swimmingly, I'll meet the guy of my dreams, get married, have kids, get a great job, a house, a dog, a 4x4, grow old with him and die with a few grandkids... One where I end up dead and ruined in a gutter before my 25th birthday. Scary thing is, I'm completely fine with either of those two eventualities.
    Same here. I could see myself considering suicide,I've always leaned towards that side of things.I'd rather take it in to my own hands that it be unexpected. I'd rather not get old and past it thanks. But I have things I want to do first.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I do, I have a stash of pills (mostly rohypnol, ket and various painkillers) that I don't see myself ever getting rid of. I rewrite notes every so often, update my list of who'll get what, sort through my stuff so that if I do it it's less hassle for the people I leave behind.
    It's not something I think I will do, but I find it easier to get through the days knowing there's an out if I want one, that I don't have to keep going.

If you don't feel the meds are working for you then see your gp to discuss the situation. If it's faulty thought patterns or past events that you feel are holding you back then ask about seeing a counsellor.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.