Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever think about/ plan your suicide? watch

ReputationRep:
    yeah been there. My life used to be a living hell when i was 12-13. i tried ODing sevral times and once randomly drinking perfume.. haha. still not sure how i'm alive, i didn't even end up in hospital, and believe me i tried. my livers probably buggard though. Lifes easier now, i have close friends i can turn to and theres no chance i'd let myself get bullied again and home life is better. I've never wanted to kill myself for next to no reason though, i'd rather let nature take it's course... and seeing as i don't see myself getting suicidal again, thats most probably what will happen.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I ever will commit suicide, as it's pretty awesome being me, but I've often thought it would be a massive thrill to throw yourself of a tall building, like a cathedral. If I had to commit suicide, I reckon that would be the best way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    No :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenopus)
    I don't think I ever will commit suicide, as it's pretty awesome being me, but I've often thought it would be a massive thrill to throw yourself of a tall building, like a cathedral. If I had to commit suicide, I reckon that would be the best way to do it.
    What about the poor sod who has to clean up after you? Or the people who have to witness such a horrific event?

i often think about it but i just know i'l never carry it out unless it gets really really bad, i'm on 9th floor in halls, so pretty easy for me

ReputationRep:
    I've never been suicidal as such, fortunately I find my life very worthwile. However, I do plan to go through with euthanasia when I'm in my 70's. I don't think my ego will allow me to see myself as an old, crippled, helpless, clueless, possibly ill bag of bones. So I shall depart the dignified way :yep:

had these thoughts when a failed ma highers at school would say a was maybe two three days away from doing it untill a chat with my mum i know it sounds cheesy buy i felt like i had let her down and was more worried what she would say but had a talk and that night all a could think about was how would my mum cope and thats whats kept me going even now some days il be driving thinking if i was to crash this car what would happen or if i was to stab my self could i control the pain

but the thing that keeps me "strong " is the pain it would cause my mom when my uncle died suddenly last year that was the worse feeling ever my mom was uncontrollable and i know i would do everthing in my power to keep her from feeling that pain

saying that my worse nightmare is loosing either of my parents if god forbid something was to happen i dont think i could go on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    What about the poor sod who has to clean up after you? Or the people who have to witness such a horrific event?
    It's not something I would actually do, so I don't need to worry about the specifics. If I committed suicide, the people who would be most upset - my friends and family, are going to be pretty pissed off however I did it. Bystanders are not going to care that much because they wouldn't have an emotional attachment to me, they would be shocked, but no more shocked than if they saw some get run over for example, and that must happen all the time. Whoever has to clean up will be getting paid for it, they will be in a crime or mortuary job, and will deal with bodies all the time, they will be immune to it, and will have probably seen much grislier sights.

ReputationRep:
    I have never even contemplated it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenopus)
    It's not something I would actually do, so I don't need to worry about the specifics. If I committed suicide, the people who would be most upset - my friends and family, are going to be pretty pissed off however I did it. Bystanders are not going to care that much because they wouldn't have an emotional attachment to me, they would be shocked, but no more shocked than if they saw some get run over for example, and that must happen all the time. Whoever has to clean up will be getting paid for it, they will be in a crime or mortuary job, and will deal with bodies all the time, they will be immune to it, and will have probably seen much grislier sights.
    If I had the misfortune of seeing a stranger jump off Bradford Cathedral I would be pretty damn shaken.

ReputationRep:
    Join the club!!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, but it's usually just to pass the time or a way of analysing a situation or outcome as opposed to a stead fast plan to actually go ahead with it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, never will no matter what befalls me . There is something about my snp-Marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Nope, never will no matter what befalls me . There is something about my snp-Marker.
    Edit: It would be selfish of me looking from the evolutionary perspective, i wouldn't be diversifying gene pool (if unmarried), hell forget the decomposition few million bacteria can live with it .

ive been feeling so low for a few years its wierd things trigger me off like my mum doing something like shouting at me or having a long day. Ill start crying and then cry myself to sleep. Lately all i ever so is sleep coming home from university i go to bed staight away, and yesterday it really bad me and my best friend have drifted and i was looking at her facebook last night and it was a trigger, i just cant take it any more! Somedays whilst waiting for the train i think about tripping off the platform or hoping someone pushes me, but I have other thoughts aswell. thinking back to last night i am actually starting to scare myself. I just cant talk to anyone my parents think that somethings wrong with me i get shouted alot for not being happy, talking to them, they just dont get it. ive been thinking about seeing my doctor but who cares i just cant be asked. I can see a version of my life being planned out (im asian so marriage in a few years and its killing me!), im a freak have a few close friends but i think im socially retarded.

ReputationRep:
    not any more, but I've had extensive therapy. It's interesting to see the number of academics who do think about that type of thing, though. I wonder if it's the same among other groups.

Often. For a few years I've been thinking about it but not seriously. There's come a point, though, where now I've worked out that I don't have that much of a reason to carry on being alive, and I'm just trying to work out the easiest/quickest way of doing it. Don't want to make a fuss, just don't really want to be alive much more.

And yes, before you ask, I'm drugged up to my eyeballs on antidepressants and have had years and years of therapy. I'm just a bit tired of it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ive been feeling so low for a few years its wierd things trigger me off like my mum doing something like shouting at me or having a long day. Ill start crying and then cry myself to sleep. Lately all i ever so is sleep coming home from university i go to bed staight away, and yesterday it really bad me and my best friend have drifted and i was looking at her facebook last night and it was a trigger, i just cant take it any more! Somedays whilst waiting for the train i think about tripping off the platform or hoping someone pushes me, but I have other thoughts aswell. thinking back to last night i am actually starting to scare myself. I just cant talk to anyone my parents think that somethings wrong with me i get shouted alot for not being happy, talking to them, they just dont get it. ive been thinking about seeing my doctor but who cares i just cant be asked. I can see a version of my life being planned out (im asian so marriage in a few years and its killing me!), im a freak have a few close friends but i think im socially retarded.
    you really ought to see your doctor and asked to be referred to a psychiatrist in the first instance. If you are on meds then they arent working and you need something else. You may benefit from some form of therapy. But you need to speak to somebody, and it's not always easy to get your voice heard and be taken seriously. Have you anybody you can confide in who can accompany you to the GP?

I have this idea of taking lots of alcohol and pills then running a nice warm bath and then slash my wrists and just lay there bleeding.

How bloody emo

It's just an idea though..

(Original post by Anonymous)
    do you?

It's weird but i'd just prefer to take my own life when and how I want.

It's comforting I suppose to think that if it all gets too, too much you can just end it all.

I have thought very seriously about it in the past but I don't want to hurt my family/ friends

thoughts/ experiences?
    I have thought about as a "what if...?" but i know i would never be able to go through with it. I have no friends, and spent most of my secondary school life on my own because my "friends" ditched me. I'd eat alone in a toilet cubicle at lunch times and listen to my iPod (happy upbeat music) to make me feel better and not cry. Since then I've found it hard to make friends as I feel if I try and get closer to people, they'll push me away or think I'm not good enough to hang around with them. It's hard and the only thing I have now is grades (which are good but not outstanding even then). I try not to think about it too much, and I'm kinda getting used to it (even if it does feel lonely sometimes).
    I have joined clubs and have club friends but they have enough friends to want to spend time with me.
    If I didn't have family alive then yes I would have probably done it by now. Until then, I don't have the guts.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.