The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
Quady
How old were you when Major left office?

I have no idea when he left office, but it would be wrong to judge a political on past performances, especially when the people you are voting for are different. Like saying 'I'm standing up for animal rights' and someone else saying 'so your standing up about Hitler'.

Labour have only done a good job in some respects because Major sorted the economy out and got the country on the right track - people then voted conservative out because they were bored - then Labour scrapped all of their economic policies and followed Majors. THe credit crunch shows Labour's inability to maintain it. Every good thing that Labour have done, if because of Major. Everything else is Labour's stupidity.
Reply 22
paella
I have no idea when he left office, but it would be wrong to judge a political on past performances, especially when the people you are voting for are different. Like saying 'I'm standing up for animal rights' and someone else saying 'so your standing up about Hitler'. .

Not quite.

Why won't bone- headed tards stop spoiling otherwise decent comments.
Reply 23
Littlejohn is a tosser. In the first paragraph he talks about 'this country,' but he lives in bloody Florida!
Reply 24
He probably gets hard as he reads his articles back.
Reply 26
paella
I have no idea when he left office,

people then voted conservative out because they were bored

Well you could have guessed it might have been May 97... I'd guess you're 18 (given your profile) so you were five when there was a different government, ie you don't have a comparison point, which is fine.

But why do you think it was out of boredom, rather than the drip, drip, drip of sleaze, failing education system and failing NHS? Browns situation is similar and he will be actively voted out in the same way Major was.

And why assert something you have no first hand knowledge of? If in 15 years time someone says Labour was voted out because of boredom would you agree?

Latest

Trending

Trending