Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey
    Did they university of East Anglia history courses go through ucas clearing last year?

thnx

ReputationRep:
    As far as i remember (friends experience not my own) they did not. I know it's a popular place to study history so yeah, sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear...

ReputationRep:
    I believe I read (or was told) that they are more likely to take people who had them down as their firm/insurance and missed their grades than go into clearing (if they have spare places that is) I guess it's to do with those people having previously shown an interest in UEA and made a commitment as opposed to clearing which is often people just trying to find anywhere to go.

Don't quote me on that though, because I'm not 100% sure. I know I looked at clearing on results day and don't remember seeing it in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolusk)
    hey
    Did they university of East Anglia history courses go through ucas clearing last year?

thnx
    Hey. Having been through clearing last year, i can tell you that only the ex-polys will tend to make places for popular courses like history. And with more and more people applying to uni's now, the chances of uni places being free will decrease!

Trust me - there's nothing worse than checking track on results day to find "You are in Clearing" staring back at you! Work hard - it pays in the long run :yep:

Best of luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the help

(Original post by tknight7)
    Hey. Having been through clearing last year, i can tell you that only the ex-polys will tend to make places for popular courses like history. And with more and more people applying to uni's now, the chances of uni places being free will decrease!

Trust me - there's nothing worse than checking track on results day to find "You are in Clearing" staring back at you! Work hard - it pays in the long run :yep:

Best of luck!!!
    UEA is not an ex poly, It only came into existance in 1963 and got its charter then

I think if they are in clearing then there will not be many choices. I know if you want to do Politics and History then that will most likely be in clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HerRoyalHighness)
    UEA is not an ex poly, It only came into existance in 1963 and got its charter then

I think if they are in clearing then there will not be many choices. I know if you want to do Politics and History then that will most likely be in clearing.
    I never said UEA was a ex-poly. I meant that it only tended to be the ex-polys that had history in clearing e.g. Anglia Ruskin had loads

Uea is a very popular place to study history, so places will be hard to come by in the normal application round, let alone in clearing

[QUOTE=tknight7]I never said UEA was a ex-poly. I meant that it only tended to be the ex-polys that had history in clearing e.g. Anglia Ruskin had loads

Uea is a very popular place to study history, so places will be hard to come by in the normal application round, let alone in clearing[/QUOTE

agreed with you on this, Im a History student there not met anyone who came through clearing,

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of people who missed their grades by massive amounts and still got let in though... University of Easy Access.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 13, 2010

University open days

1. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.