Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    I think you belong in the 1900s mate.
    Sounds more like he belongs in ancient greece. They had the same idea, where you married women because you needed to have children and so on, but it was considered that the only really deep, intellectual love relationships were between men, because only they could have such a connection to each other. Sounds pretty boring for the women.

As for the sentiment of this thread - I sincerely hope it isn't true, but as I'm not a guy I can't really comment. Of course, it's no wonder OP thinks women are uninteresting if his definition of 'interesting' is someone to say "I've seen that bird's vag" to. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    I'm afraid that bascally all the guys who are disagreeing, I believe to either have no experience with women or are just trying to score points with the girls here. Sorry, ****.

I used to be a bit like that, before I knew any girls.
    ****? - When we're the ones who can actually get girls to come near us, hang out with us

ReputationRep:
    Ha, it'll never last.

ReputationRep:
    **** off

ReputationRep:
    Look forward to being a lonely old man!

My lord, men are so tiresome and vacuous! All they want to do is drag their knuckles and demand ‘sammiches.’ Valerie Solanas was right, men are completely egocentric and utterly incapable of empathising or identifying with others. They’re emotionally immature and deeply insecure. That’s why they have epic penis waving competitions with each other and call it ‘war.’

I wish we could just lock them all in a cupboard and only take them out when we want sex.

Generalising; terribly easy, but utterly pointless! :top:

ReputationRep:
    No, i don't think your a bad person but i don't agree with you. Of course not all women are boring, it is just as easy for women to say all men are boring. I can see why you would say that, but not every woman has exactly the same interests. It's more likely that women are agreeing with you because,well i've found at least in most cases it's easier for females to get on with men.
    I think your attitude towards women MIGHT be rooted in a bad experience with a women. I'm only saying this because i went through a phase like this and only saw men in a sexual way when i had my heart broken But eventually you meet someone who restores your faith in the opposite sex.

Anyway that's what i think.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how many people only read the OP and then furiously type out ridiculous concurrences/oppositions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    It's amazing how many people only read the OP and then furiously type out ridiculous concurrences/oppositions.
    Do you honestly think that we are going to read the whole thread? :eek3: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becksy)
    Do you honestly think that we are going to read the whole thread? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/eek3.gif http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/woo.gif
    Well some people have made some remarkable posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Well some people have made some remarkable posts.
    Ok, well I will check my diary to see if I have time :P

I am seriously surprised that you are 21. By that age most guys I know at least have grown out of that viewpoint.

Explain then why sometimes my boyfriend refuses sex and just wants a cuddle instead and said the best thing about having a girlfriend was being affectionate and not the sex.

ReputationRep:
    Its true I spose, all the guys I know are like this.

All they ever talk about is getting with girls and then moving on to the next, their not interested in getting to know the girls at all and to be honest if anything THAT gets boring to listen to at work all day.

However I dont have a problem with this because the girls in question must be happy and up for it anyway? (i mean casual sex) and I have girlfriends that have the same view about men eg they find some men boring because they talk about football and sport all the time etc

But at least my girlfriends dont tar every man with this 'all men are boring ' notion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom1390)
    ****? - When we're the ones who can actually get girls to come near us, hang out with us
    Yes, especially then. Gay men often have lots of female friends.
    But straight men actually **** them, see. That's the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addtoexisting)
    nothing else. i dont want to hear their stories. does this make me a bad person?

women that are good looking are boring in my honest opinion and the ones which are ugly just want try and immitate. im not even saying its about academia, sports or anything else. its just men are much more interesting. women agree with this. all the time. women who i work with too. they find other women irritating. im not generalising.

women who believe they are interesting make me sad. men just want to have sex with them and nothing else. oohh look at me i have guy friends. they either want to have sex with you, your friends or attract other females by being around you.

i dont blame them for being boring though. its just the way they are. i dont even want them to be interesting. i just want to have sex with them.

does anyone agree?

Hi

To be honest, i hope your wrong. But i admit, the few women i've dated have all been boring.

ReputationRep:
    Only makes you a bad person if you let women believe you think they are interesting until you've got what you want from them.

ReputationRep:
    come on women. get it together. give me a proper response. men here mostly agree im right. you believe you are interesting, you value your opinion too much because men say you're intelligent and interesting all the time. not because they like your persoanlity. all about sex - root reason. thats it. and its very clear. women are the only ones who cant see it and men who are so obsessed with getting sex that they ignore it.

i really like what someone said above - i used to disagree with the OP he said, until i met a lot of women. so true. i said that too. ive grown to realise this over time.

i am dissapointed that this is the case. truly. i wish women were actually interesting or funny as well as wanting to have sex with them. problem is, people laugh at their jokes for sex. simples.

i still have hope ill meet someone who changes my mind - i will never meet any women like this.

ReputationRep:
    Threads like this attract misogynists so you aren't going to get a balanced view of what men think OP. I also note you've ignored both my posts which suggested your environment and the people in it are responsible for your strange views of women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Threads like this attract misogynists so you aren't going to get a balanced view of what men think OP. I also note you've ignored both my posts which suggested your environment and the people in it are responsible for your strange views of women.
    ok. i think my thread has such a generally out there title which will not only attract misogynists.

also im going to look up your posts and reply. i could answer any queries with ease because i am obviously so convinced of my views on the only reason men tolerate being around women (sex by the way, did i mention that).

see you in a bit beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    ^^ I don't see why what's written above has any relevance to the thread. We already know marriage is ridiculous, that married people often have affairs, and men enjoy sex (as do women). Doesn't mean all men want from any woman ever is sex, otherwise no man would ever fall in love. If all the women you've met have been so irritating and vacuous that their only desirable quality is their pussy, I think you need to take a good look at your life and ask yourself 'why am I only meeting women like this? why don't I ever meet interesting and intelligent women?'. The answer probably is, you live in a ****** area do a ****** job went to a **** university and usually meet girls in ****** bars.
    i went to a russel group university. ive met a lot, and i mean a lot of interesting men in my life and ive slept with quite a few women ranging from 18 to 50. ive also spoken to a lot of women who i meet in french classes and a philosophy group. im not saying women cant talk about these things but they use trying to be interesting as just another tool in attracting men and its so obvious where as men dont try and be interesting, they just come out with interesting things in a laid back way, women have to constantly try.

dont forget though. even in boring place, boring universities, boring jobs. men and women work together. men are more interesting in jobs ive had too. rubbish job. retail. but men were more interesting.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.