Turn on thread page Beta

Can people who work full time really have as much fun? watch

Announcements

Im 21 and have wasted my youth because of my rubbish social skills Ive not had a group of friends to go out with or anything Ive spent most of my youth on the internet not working and in a world of my own. Ive earned money by selling stuff on ebay. Anyway a job which involves training has come up (its 40 hours a week shift work) but despite my age I don't feel Ive explored the world/outdoors, society or anything. Do people who work full time still have as much fun as the rest? I feel like I will miss out on a lot but then its an opportunity to make friends I don't know why I feel like this should I just accept the job?

ReputationRep:
    i think you should acept the job. I don't want to e rude but what exactly are you going to miss out on? You've said you don't have any friends to go out with and and you spend all your time on the net and in a world of your own. Doesn't sound to me like you will be missing anything if you take the job. A job will do you good, get you out the house and make some friends hopefully. Of course people who work full-time have as much fun, you still have the weekends or your days off and it depends what hours the job is but you might finish at 5 so they you'd have the evenings as well. Take the job! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripy_socks07)
    i think you should acept the job. I don't want to e rude but what exactly are you going to miss out on? You've said you don't have any friends to go out with and and you spend all your time on the net and in a world of your own. Doesn't sound to me like you will be missing anything if you take the job. A job will do you good, get you out the house and make some friends hopefully. Of course people who work full-time have as much fun, you still have the weekends or your days off and it depends what hours the job is but you might finish at 5 so they you'd have the evenings as well. Take the job! xx
    I agree with this.

Why would working full-time stop you doing anything? It's only 40 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    Take it, you might start going out with your work colleagues after awhile.

I'm working part-time(sometimes fulltime OT) with 4am and 6am starts at weekends, and yeah i'm missing out sometimes, but I've already done everything in the past.

Have you thought about going to university, and staying in halls?......so much fun, I'm planning to go back at 22/23...as I dropped out:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm working 40 hours a week right now and I still have uni work to do. I go out 2-3 times a week and I've made a great group of friends at work. It doesn't hold me back that much.

If you have a full time job it means that you have money which opens up a lot of new opportunities for fun that you wouldn't have if you didn't have money.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.