The Student Room Group

do some people just get it lucky and some don't?

Please keep anon.

This maybe just some rant, but its actually got me thinking. Do some people just seem to get lucky, whereas there are some that just don't?

It seems to me that the last year as been awful for me. In the space of 8 months, I lost my Grandma, broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years, lost my Grandad to cancer, lost my dog (it sounds stupid, but I took it badly. I had her for 15 years) and lost my uncle to a brain tumour. And now I'm on the verge of losing two other grandparents. Relationship wise, while all that was happening, I've always been the other girl. I was seeing someone who hated me spending time with my male best friend, yet would happily get with people infront of me, there was the guy who would talk constantly about the girl he liked to me, the guy with the girlfriend at home who kept cheating on her with me (partly my fault, I know that) the guy who told me he liked me, got with me and then told me he wasn't over his ex. And then the guy who I was seeing, who I honestly thought something was going to happen with, then told me he wasn't ready for a relationship, ended things, didn't want to hurt me then got with a girl infront of me and took her home.

I think I've come to accept that I'm just not the sort of person who has much luck. It may seem abit of a rant. It probably is. But everyone else I know who's had some bad lucky, whether it being breaking up with a long term boyfriend or losing someone, has had something or someone to pick them up afterwards.
Reply 1
=(. Sounds like you need a hug.
i believe you make your own luck
Reply 3
You don't need luck you need opportunities and optimism. Opportunities will arise through your perception of the world and optimism is just a good way to look for these. Optimism also helps lighten situations that seem bad or depressing.
Metropolis

i believe that you're a nonse
Reply 5
I just happens, okay?
You can't influence stuff like people dying, you can't make them live longer.
Everyon has their "time", even us (even if we don't think so some of the time)
All I can say is try to focus on the positives.
Reply 6
Chin up chuck, we all feel like that somedays, but things will get better :smile:
Reply 7
Yes, but what can you do eh? Just have to make the most of however much luck you get.
Reply 8
Metropolis

you literally just took the words right out of my mouth!
addtoexisting

you're probably one of the "unlucky" ones
Reply 10
addtoexisting

im not quite sure why, but I really enjoyed that.

Latest

Trending

Trending