Turn on thread page Beta

Psychology workshop conferences at Nottingham uni in April! watch

ReputationRep:
    Heyy so i'm from Sheffield, in my first year at sixth form and i've applied for a psychology workshop on the 8th and 9th of April, is anyone else out there going?

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is such a lame course. Don't bother. I have a friend who does psychology at Nottingham, you only have 4 hour lectures a week!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ^ how encouraging. I'm in yr 1 as well and might be going, not sure whether to do the one day or two day thing they both look good so I might have to go to both...anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    @Tom1390: :hmmm: Uh, riiiiiiight.

Anyway, I won't be going this year because I went last year and its the same thing. It was good! Most of the lectures were really interesting. I probably wouldn't bother with the edge course unless you've got £10 to spare as I did it and didn't really learn anything I didn't know already. Its definitely worth going though and you'll meet new people too. I did day 1 last time I think- the one with psychosis.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, sounds fairly good. Is it A level based or Psychology in general and is there a lecture on each category thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_law25)
    Cool, sounds fairly good. Is it A level based or Psychology in general and is there a lecture on each category thing?
    Its A-level based mainly, but its not quite split into each category because people will be doing psychology with different exam boards and stuff so its not the same for everyone. Generally though its good.

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks for the comments i've got it booked so i've got all my info through the post, i can't wait are you thinking about it then will? I'm going both days.. x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm definitely going now, for the 2 days Both looked good so I couldn't pick just one! Are you from/near Nottingham at all?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same here! I'm from Sheffield, not sure how far it is haha think my parents will be driving me down. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from near Cambridge so probably an expensive train journey :rolleyes: still, should be good though are you going as a school trip?

ReputationRep:
    oh wow yeah :P oh welll should be worth it noo im going on my own, are you?

ReputationRep:
    hey i am going to the psychology workshop at nottingham uni in april too just wondering those of you that are gettin the train down are u still gona risk it despite of the strikes that are ment to be happening between the 6th and the 9th of april???

ReputationRep:
    Hi And no, I think I'm getting a lift up there but I will risk the train back... Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    well ive decided to just get the train both ways coz i think the strike has been called of, im from near manchester wat about u??

ReputationRep:
    fair point, i'm from Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah i saw the advert poster in my school too
    and i soooo wanted to go when i saw it do you have the link for the details and everything?? if you do can you post it? i need to check out a few things!
    THANKS

ReputationRep:
    Going as well but I'm the only one from my Sixth form so far. For the Edge session are we expected to take our personal statement for them to check? The website is confusing me and I'm only in six one/Year 12 anyway

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody go to these?

And how do you book them? is there a website?

I love psychology!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 9, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.