Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I have been looking around for some websites (i.e Mac?) to find some make up tips to make blue eyes look intense, for both daytime and nighttime looks. I wondered if anyone ad any recommendations ?

Rep Available :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Make your eyes pop? Shove the applicator pad in really hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Make your eyes pop? Shove the applicator pad in really hard?
    Someone's got the smarts :rolleyes:

It's a phrase coined for making the eyes stand out :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know a lot about make-up, but I have this 'make blue eyes bluer' eyeshadow set, and it's a sort of bronzey-brown for the lid, navy blue for the crease and a really light blue for a highlighter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Someone's got the smarts :rolleyes:

It's a phrase coined for making the eyes stand out :p:
    It's a poorly thought out phrase :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    It's a poorly thought out phrase :p:
    I didn't invent it :angel: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Go dusky dark.... Use Avril Lavigne as an example... could help =)
    I've got strong green eyes that have a dark blue (almost black) outline to them and I use the same sorta makeup as Avril for night outs.... I get some serious chat ups from guys lol. Try it and let us know =) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionyequus)
    Go dusky dark.... Use Avril Lavigne as an example... could help =)
    I've got strong green eyes that have a dark blue (almost black) outline to them and I use the same sorta makeup as Avril for night outs.... I get some serious chat ups from guys lol. Try it and let us know =) xx
    Im stalking avril lavigne pictures right now :p:, thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Are your eyes really blue? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    browns, and even kinda bronze-orangey!? burgundy/maroon is good too.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I don't think complimentary colours will work too well. Orange will make you look a bit ill

I have blue/green eyes, I find for a night out I just wear dark greyey brown shades and chose clothes which highlight my eyes. Using white eyeliner inside the lashline and lots of dark brown or black eyeliner outside of it makes them pop no matter the eye colour.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it meant to be contrasting colours?

..lol, hate that phrase btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Isn't it meant to be contrasting colours?

..lol, hate that phrase btw.
    Changed especially for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Changed especially for you
    Aww, babe, you shouldn't have. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Aww, babe, you shouldn't have. :love:
    :p:

And I think you are right about contrasting shades. Before, someone posted some make up tips and I could have swore they were from MAC but now I cant seem to find them :hmmmm: or maybe Im imagining things (which is also entirely plausible :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Try Barry M "Dazzle Dust" eyeshadows in a variety of tones of green and purple. They have a nice shimmer, last for ages, and I find that they really bring out the colour in my bluey-green eyes. And they really work for both day and night.
    You could also try a chocolatey-brown shade with shimmer, I like that too. It doesn't sound too exciting, but it really makes the blue stand out, and it's especially good if you want a more sultry look in the evenings. L'oreal has a nice shade I always wear called Brown Lamé.

ReputationRep:
    Click here to view a MAC cosmetics eye shadow palette

I personally think a brown/shimmery brown/grey shade, smoky eye look would look great on blue eyes.
    Or a blue darker than your eye colour to make them stand out even more.

ReputationRep:
    Copper and bronze shades are the complementary colours for blue eyes. For a softer look, try a pale bronzey-gold like MAC Woodwinked.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.