Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    ok bascially...

    i love my uni, i love everything about it but because some unforeseen family problems i going to have to live and go to uni at home

    problem is i have an estate agent landlord (whos so aggressive and unhelpful) and ive already signed an assured shorthold tenancy agreement!

    how do i get out of it? can i just find someone to replace me and everything will be fine and i wont be liable? if i dont find a replacement and still leave (which i WILL have to do) am i liable or are the people that are sharing with me liable?

    please help im so stressed about life at the moment and this something i really dont need.
    • PS Helper

    PS Helper
    If you've signed a tenancy agreement then you've entered into a contract with the landlord to say that you will do whatever is required of you under it. You'd not be able to leave uni and not find yourself a replacement without being financially responsible for the rent. If you can find a replacement, however, there's no reason why your landlord won't be happy for them to take your place and the university should have an accommodation service/department to help you with these sorts of problems.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.