Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok i go to the gym about twice/three times a week for about 45 mins sessions.

i do about 20 mins runnings/cardio. and the rest on the weight machines.

most people are on the machines for like 5 min blocks but i spend like 30 secs to a min on each. i feel kinda weird about it cos im moving from machine to machine quickly and was just wondering if it was normal to spend really short times on machines

ReputationRep:
    I think that your relationship with these machines is obsessive. Maybe you should stop texting them so much...

ReputationRep:
    My guess is that you should spend a bit more time on the machines. I'm no gym expert, and I don't pretend to be, but my trainer told me to do 3 X 12 to start with. Might be different since I'm a girl though.. Also, maybe you're doing the exercises to quickly? Try to slow down and do them in a more controlled manner - this makes you feel it more too.. (Or at least me!)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    that's a pretty small time, I mean I've seen people spend ages on on 1 machine. It all depends on what you need. Normally if you spend long on something, you are trying to improve endurance based fitness, such as Stamina(CV fitness) or muscular endurance.

ReputationRep:
    You need to spend longer on each machine... then your body will build up better stamina =)

ReputationRep:
    You should post this in the fitness section.

What machines do you use?

What are your aims?

ReputationRep:
    why dont you try using free weights instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devp93)
    ok i go to the gym about twice/three times a week for about 45 mins sessions.

i do about 20 mins runnings/cardio. and the rest on the weight machines.

most people are on the machines for like 5 min blocks but i spend like 30 secs to a min on each. i feel kinda weird about it cos im moving from machine to machine quickly and was just wondering if it was normal to spend really short times on machines
    Don't use machines- they suck. Pick up some barbells and dumbbells and exercise with them instead. The results will be much better.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should just avoid machines altogether?

ReputationRep:
    Machines are Shiiiit!

Use the free weights.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.