Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    These are the required percentages or UMS scores to gain A's in the following A levels.

Maths
    Pure Core 3 - 80%
    Pure Core 4 - 80%
    Decision 1 - 75%

Law
    Law Unit 3 - 74.5%
    Law Unit 4 - 74.5%

Geography
    Geography Unit 3 - 62.5%
    Geography Unit 4 - 62.5%

Economics
    Economics Unit 4 - 55%

Can I do it?

ReputationRep:
    yes, but...didn't you have a similar thread a week ago???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    yes, but...didn't you have a similar thread a week ago???
    Yes.
    Somethings have changed though.

ReputationRep:
    It is more than possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon1212)
    It is more than possible
    Care to elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    These are the required percentages or UMS scores to gain A's in the following A levels.

Maths
    Pure Core 3 - 80%
    Pure Core 4 - 80%
    Decision 1 - 75%

Law
    Law Unit 3 - 74.5%
    Law Unit 4 - 74.5%

Geography
    Geography Unit 3 - 62.5%
    Geography Unit 4 - 62.5%

Economics
    Economics Unit 4 - 55%

Can I do it?
    I'm sorry, I'm struggling to fathom exactly what it is you want us to say?

We don't know you as a person, we don't know your intellect, your motivation, your past/history in exams, how you work, your coursework marks, your mock results... How can we say whether or not you're capable of getting the marks required?

I can take a stab in the dark and say "Yes, you can do it" as nothing is impossible in terms of exams and the grades are often met by many students but as to whether or not you're guaranteed to get the grades, I have no idea...

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Econ and Geo should be ok right?? Do you have the option of dropping either law or maths? Just to make sure you get an A in one of them. It could be tight. Just keep working and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    I'm sorry, I'm struggling to fathom exactly what it is you want us to say?

We don't know you as a person, we don't know your intellect, your motivation, your past/history in exams, how you work, your coursework marks, your mock results... How can we say whether or not you're capable of getting the marks required?

I can take a stab in the dark and say "Yes, you can do it" as nothing is impossible in terms of exams and the grades are often met by many students but as to whether or not you're guaranteed to get the grades, I have no idea...
    Well I wouldn't say I was super intelligent but I am reasonably bright and by most peoples marks quite hard working.
    GCSE I managed to scrape 9A* and 2 A's and have managed to get AAAAAC at AS. I am just scared now I have to meet university offers. I need AAB realistically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    Well I wouldn't say I was super intelligent but I am reasonably bright and by most peoples marks quite hard working.
    GCSE I managed to scrape 9A* and 2 A's and have managed to get AAAAAC at AS. I am just scared now I have to meet university offers. I need AAB realistically.
    I really do hope you aren't asking TSR to blow smoke up your rear-end. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'll answer honestly.

You clearly have the academic ability reflected in your GCSE's, if you're worried about your potential grades, talk to a tutor or your parents, take plenty of mock papers and basically work your behind off!

Your GCSE's would SUGGEST you are more than capable but exams are funny things and people who breeze into them presuming they'll do well sometimes fall at the wayside so just revise and concentrate. Do your best and I'm sure you'll do fine!
    :work:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.