Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, 1st post.

I had a psychology A-level exam today (PYA4), where you have to answer 3 questions of a possible 15.

I answered the first 2 perfectly but for the third question, I finished and realised i misread the question and answered something completely different.

:rolleyes:

Question is, maximum mark for each question is 24, do you think its possible I'll still be awarded marks for what I wrote (it was very detailed, althought it was the wrong question).

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing in a geography exam and, despite my other answers being very good apparently, I still failed. =S
    Hope all goes well for ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefg11)

Question is, maximum mark for each question is 24, do you think its possible I'll still be awarded marks for what I wrote (it was very detailed, althought it was the wrong question).
    No. If it's not relevant to the question asked, it's wrong, no matter how detailed it may be.

ReputationRep:
    damn

thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Don't think about it. Move on. You can resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon1212)
    Don't think about it. Move on. You can resit.
    Lol, not really. It was the old syllabus and so the last resit.

ReputationRep:
    My friend did that exam today, I think. He answered 2/3 questions, and he completely left out the 3rd one :emo::lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Should have slipped in a £20 note tbh

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how different the question actually was. If it was of a similar topic, you'll probably pick up a few marks here and there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Depends on how different the question actually was. If it was of a similar topic, you'll probably pick up a few marks here and there.
    Well they asked for research into anti-social behaviour. I wrote about pro-social behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Well they asked for research into anti-social behaviour. I wrote about pro-social behaviour.
    Um yeah I'd expect a zero for that then.

ReputationRep:
    Hate it when that happens, last year for AS I wrote about psychological somethings, when I later found out it was asking for physiological things. Luckily it doesn't count as much as that was only like 10% of the overall marks for the paper.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2010

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.