Turn on thread page Beta

How do you "chat up" some one? Tips? watch

How does it work?

Is it more than just talking to her? E.g. includes dropping hints and flirting at same time?

ReputationRep:
    oh dear god.

mate, just get a life and get out there.

ReputationRep:
    make sure they're higher than you, then start chatting

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Is this natural selection in effect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Oh dear. Is this natural selection in effect?
    NATURE.
    pwning morons since the beginning of time.

ReputationRep:
    A glood place to start is to actually chat to someone. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah offer her some money aswell, she will be made to feel really special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys i was chatting up a white chick and it kinda went well despite being total strangers to each other. i then asked for her number then she said that she'll give it when she sees me again because she believes in fat or some billshiat.. We live in kinda remotely the same area but does this mean she rejected me? if so should I talk to her when I see er again/.
    Probably, I don't see any reason why she just wouldn't give you her number in the first place if she was keen.

ReputationRep:
    Like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choongsta)
    make sure they're higher than you, then start chatting
    Oh, God, lol. Would I be right in thinking you're saying, "Put women on a pedestal", something like that?

I find general confidence is key. I had to drink lots before I started flirting openly with guys, then knowing I 'could' do it, even though paraletic, gave me this confidence... which took less and less drink. Now I flirt with people quite easily sober. It's a feeling of being able, knowing it's just like talking but all in the eyes and expression.

Flirting with a stranger is the same as being super sociable. Increase your social skills and it'll get there. It really is the case, the more people you flirt with, get normal responses from, the more natural flirting will be. But you have to put yourself out there first. Try to be confident, natural and compelled to conversation - you want to talk to them right? If not have a drink or two and let drunken instincts take over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Oh, God, lol. Would I be right in thinking you're saying, "Put women on a pedestal", something like that?
    well, if by putting them on a pedestal, you are able to chat up to them.

i considered using the pedestal thing but then again you do get some freakishly tall people who would be above your average height woman on a pedestal, so you'd end up chatting them down and not up :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choongsta)
    well, if by putting them on a pedestal, you are able to chat up to them.

i considered using the pedestal thing but then again you do get some freakishly tall people who would be above your average height woman on a pedestal, so you'd end up chatting them down and not up :awesome:
    Oh, right, I prefer my version I think.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you, but I'm much more interested in what "chatting down" someone is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.