Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I've been invited to attend an assessment centre for barcap. The division and role I have applied to: Compliance - Summer Internship. Anyone on the same boat as me or had any past experiences that you can share? Apart from preparing for the competency based questions, I'm not sure what to look for as there's almost nothing I can find on the barcap website nor the internet. Your help would be v.much appreciated - many thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine you will have a group exercise, individual presentation and 2 interviews, one will be technical and other competency. I had an assessment centre with Barcap in December for Operations division for summer internship and that was the structure to our day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi ciarameagher, thanks for replying. How did u find the assessment day? Would u mind sharing if u had received an offer or not?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply.

Yes i received an offer for operations and have accepted.

How did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    hey ciarameagher,
    I have applied for ops too. can you please tell me what kind of technical questions they asked you?
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.