The Student Room Group
Reply 1
October 15th is the deadline for courses such as Medicine, Veterinary and Dentistry.
Reply 2
The final deadline for medicine for 2011 entry will be 15th October 2010. This will be before you even sit your AS exams so it is unlikely that universities will consider you for 2011 entry. If you really want to apply for 2011 entry then my advise would be to sit your AS exams in the summer of 2010 so you have your AS grades by August thus making you elibable to apply for 2011 entry. If this is not possible then a gap year is possibly the best option. If you do take a gap year make sure you do something useful in it that enhances your chances of getting in. Hope this helps and good luck.
Reply 3
problem will gap year is that you loose the study tempo that was my case..you might be different
Yoyoxx
October 15th is the deadline for courses such as Medicine, Veterinary and Dentistry.

Barring extreme cases this doesn't change, I don't know where you heard you could apply in June.
Reply 5
Is there a rule saying you HAVE to apply with AS results? I appreciate it may put you at a disadvantage not having them (why are you doing them in one year anyway?) but if you meet the age etc requirements, is it actually not allowed to apply without AS grades?
Reply 6
What year are you in? The final deadline for Oxbridge/dentists/vets and medicine is October 15th.
You can probably apply without AS results with just predicted grades. You'll be no different than a large number of IB applicants. I applied without any actual results for 2009 entry (no GCSEs as I am not from the UK), just IB predictions and got 2 offers and 3 interviews. Decided on a gap year though.
Reply 8
AnonymousPenguin
You can probably apply without AS results with just predicted grades. You'll be no different than a large number of IB applicants. I applied without any actual results for 2009 entry (no GCSEs as I am not from the UK), just IB predictions and got 2 offers and 3 interviews. Decided on a gap year though.

But the thing is I am planning on doing private studies so who will predict my grades for me?
studentjohn
But the thing is I am planning on doing private studies so who will predict my grades for me?

My advice would be to ask the universities that shortlist based on UKCAT or BMAT whether they would deselect you for not meeting the minimum requirements without predicted grades. If they wouldn't do it automatically, then I'd apply there and try to impress at interview. Newcastle is one of those that shortlist based on UKCAT.
Reply 10
gap year and you will loose the work study rhyth

Latest

Trending

Trending