Turn on thread page Beta

I feel lonely when no one emails or Facebooks me watch

Sometimes I will sit at the computer screen for hours on end waiting for something to happen. I feel so empty and depressed. I am waiting on a guy I like to email me but he hasn't. I know it's more to do with the fact I'm lonely than anything else, and I hate going to sleep at night because I am waiting for something exciting to happen. It never does though.

ReputationRep:
    Make it happen then. It works both ways.

True. Sometimes I get so lifeless and fed up though. Thanks.

lots of people feel like this. my life is empty and boring too. life blows.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the problem is in focus. What I believe is wrong is that lots of us, I included, are rather addicted to the internet. There's a word for that in Japanese (blasted if I know it) for the kids there who dont do anything off their comp. I do beleive I was born to live in the camps and fields.
    So I suggest that remedy: go rock climbing or paintballing. I'm going surfing since Im in Brazil right now

(Original post by emerset)
    I dont think the problem is in focus. What I believe is wrong is that lots of us, I included, are rather addicted to the internet. There's a word for that in Japanese (blasted if I know it) for the kids there who dont do anything off their comp. I do beleive I was born to live in the camps and fields.
    So I suggest that remedy: go rock climbing or paintballing. I'm going surfing since Im in Brazil right now
    I'm guessing your internet addiction has disappeared now that you're surfing in Brazil? You're probably right...I do feel a lot more flat when I've spent the whole days indoors staring in anticipation at my computer screen...than I do when I've been out with a few friends. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sometimes I will sit at the computer screen for hours on end waiting for something to happen. I feel so empty and depressed. I am waiting on a guy I like to email me but he hasn't. I know it's more to do with the fact I'm lonely than anything else, and I hate going to sleep at night because I am waiting for something exciting to happen. It never does though.
    Yea, I know how you feel. I currently feel the same way. But to pass the time I actually have a few choices: curling up w/a book I checked out from the library, catching up on all of my favorite TV shows, working on my Latin translations and watching the snow fall. (even though that last one will be kinda difficult since it's dark out...). I find having options helps. It would also be the perfect time to take up a hobby!

Hope this helps.

Or you could pm me (if you're that bored.) but let me warn you, due to the lack of interesting emails/facebook posts, i'm only online once a day. but i will respond to your posts.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you do some crazy stuff, like post naked pictures of urself on facebook, or a link of yourself on imageshack naked because it might be flagged on facebook, then you'll get loads of emails
    ps send me the link
    much love

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, OP, I have that problem sometimes, I'll have kept up to date with all the sites I want to, looked through my downloads and not found anything I want to watch and checked who's online and found no one I remotely feel like talking to online. To be honest there's not much you can do from your computer so you need to try and get out if you can. College, uni, school, whatever you have, find someone you like there and make more friends if you can't hang with your other frinds.

If you want a couple of sites that may keep you a little more entertained feel free to message me, it's up to you, I can't guarantee you'll like them but if you do you'll probably be entertained by them for a bit each day

ReputationRep:
    If there's anyone e.g. on Facebook you would rather you did sometimes chat with then try a random message and perhaps suggest a meet-up.. it's worth a try, right?

If there's nobody you feel comfortable doing that with, maybe try going to a pub or something if you feel okay doing that and make an effort to talk to randoms. Message me if you'd like, I'm comfortably more socially retarded than most.

ReputationRep:
    me,too. But it seems to be easy for me to adjust because I am fond of being Out-of-Place.. Well, being disappointed is just normal.

ReputationRep:
    troll.

(Original post by BurningSnowman)
    If there's anyone e.g. on Facebook you would rather you did sometimes chat with then try a random message and perhaps suggest a meet-up.. it's worth a try, right?

If there's nobody you feel comfortable doing that with, maybe try going to a pub or something if you feel okay doing that and make an effort to talk to randoms. Message me if you'd like, I'm comfortably more socially retarded than most.
    Aww I'm sure you're not.

Anyhow I'm don't have a problem in social situations, my problem is I get easily lonely and always need some form of company. Basically, I dislike my own company muchos!

(Original post by AHughes)
    Been there, felt pretty ****, tbh. So, I empathise.

How old are you first off? 'Cus that changes the scenario and advice first off.....if you're at college, for instance, what to do about how you're feeling could differ then if you're at Uni.

Generally, I think you're stuck in a rut, with nothing really stimulating you in your life. Sounds as though you don't have enough people or things at the minute that really excite you and therefore validate you. Resorting to fb interactions to bring excitement into you're life isn't really effective because well, it's not really that exciting. I think not getting much attention on fb is perhaps making you exagerate your current situation, e.g. your loneliness.

Make things happen. Volunteer perhaps. I know that's really generic advice but I started volunteering lately. It's pretty social in that I get to meet people my age, because it's a project that involves integrating young refugees into our society. I felt pretty lonely over the past few months because I couldn't find people at my new college who were on the same wavelength as me, but I've started to at the volunteering thing Get into a sport or go to the gym. That's a personal goal of mine because I'm going away in the summer and need to be a little healthier, plus, it'll make me feel better about myself.

Just do things that target your interests. It'll give you a chance to be challenged and achieve things, and also to meet people you bond with. That just may well validate you. I'm not gonna say that the instant you start getting involved you'll feel better (though they may do), but stick at it and you'll get results
    I am pretty much stuck in a rut. The irony is I'm off on hols from uni, so I should be out doing all manners of crazy things, but instead I have spent the last 2 weeks moping around the house feeling sorry for myself.

i feel that way too. take up a new hobby. since i started posting on TSR i've felt less lonely. you get to help people and make their lives better.

ReputationRep:
    It's called a life, get one

Seriously

(Original post by a_t)
    It's called a life, get one

Seriously
    Errrr....says you who pretty much spends all his time posting on TSR. Sure. Practise what you preach, love.

ReputationRep:
    Errrr....says you who pretty much spends all his time posting on TSR. Sure. Practise what you preach, love.
    I got home 20 minutes ago, from a night out

I'm going out tomorrow night and 3 nights next week

You're sitting at home waiting for someone to email you

So I do practice what I preach

Maybe you should follow my example

ReputationRep:
    troll.

(Original post by a_t)
    I got home 20 minutes ago, from a night out

I'm going out tomorrow night and 3 nights next week

You're sitting at home waiting for someone to email you

So I do practice what I preach

Maybe you should follow my example
    I'm sorry but if you feel the need to prove how active your social life is on TSR then that itself is testimony to how truly sad you are. I don't feel the need to prove anything, you don't need to remind me I am sitting at home waiting for an email. I already know I am.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.