Turn on thread page Beta

I feel lonely when no one emails or Facebooks me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sometimes I will sit at the computer screen for hours on end waiting for something to happen. I feel so empty and depressed. I am waiting on a guy I like to email me but he hasn't. I know it's more to do with the fact I'm lonely than anything else, and I hate going to sleep at night because I am waiting for something exciting to happen. It never does though.
    Digital isolation much? Don't let social networking depress you. If it starts getting that way you might want to take a break from it for a bit. Also I think your criticisms of the guy above are unjust and a teensy bit hypocritical. I see nothing "sad" about being super active on TSR if it isn't getting you down or impinging on your social life. It's good chill-out time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have facebook, so how about that! haha. but i have spent the last hour on someone's. sigh

ReputationRep:
    Me 2 ....i pretty sure my friends are drifting away from me :'(

ReputationRep:
    I feel lonely when nobody Facebooks/emails you too.

Nothing to read :no:

And since when was 'Facebook' a verb? I hate it when people change the grammatical category of words! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Send the guy you fancy an email first

Then he will know your interested in him. If you don't want to be lonely, then do something about it! Arrange a night out, invite a mate shopping, talk to people on facebook, ring up mates. Then gradually people will start ringing and inviting you and your social life will improve

ReputationRep:
    I don't get lonely, because of course no one's going to email/facebook me unless I start it!! I just get extremely bored... which then leads on to bad thoughts.

The solution is rather simple: find something to occupy your time. Watch a film, read a book, do homework :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHughes)
    Your TSR post count is 6104....
    omg, my 5 posts a day over 3 and a half years really constrict me from getting out of the house, I spend more time reading newspapers online :rolleyes:

If OP had a life, wouldn't care about facebook :holmes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.