Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2010 DENTISTRY Applications Interviews and offers CHAT thread!!! MK II Watch

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah teeth lol, if we just chat and add the odd word here and there like.
    Ooooh whats your UKcat? molars
    or woozey wears glass heels( sorry woozey it was the only random thing i could think of!) , canines
    lol they cant move the thread.

Sorry random...lol,
    I just now noticed, triple science and double science and then theres the whole RE short course long course stuff, didnt really think about that when i asked lol, but thanx guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassi)
    25th november which was a long time ago!, when was urs?
    2nd of december

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woozeybear)
    2nd of december
    day by day, our fate draws closer. i hope its good news:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles!)
    oh yeah teeth lol, if we just chat and add the odd word here and there like.
    Ooooh whats your UKcat? molars
    or woozey wears glass heels( sorry woozey it was the only random thing i could think of!) , canines
    lol they cant move the thread.

Sorry random...lol,
    I just now noticed, triple science and double science and then theres the whole RE short course long course stuff, didnt really think about that when i asked lol, but thanx guys
    Lol! Thanks :p: haha
    where have you applied btw? I have probably asked you before ...

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I've spent the last 5mins wondering where the thread has gone, just found out it been CLOSED. Nice to see evr1 here agin ...Woozey, I was going through the dress code booklet-LEEDS- and I saw something like "...short sleeve shirts only, no jeans, no trariners..." isn't it too cold for short sleeves?? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassi)
    day by day, our fate draws closer. i hope its good news:o:
    Please let it be good news! Have they invited more ppl for interview cos they haven't offered enough ppl btw? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharell1)
    Haha, I've spent the last 5mins wondering where the thread has gone, just found out it been CLOSED. Nice to see evr1 here agin ...Woozey, I was going through the dress code booklet-LEEDS- and I saw something like "...short sleeve shirts only, no jeans, no trariners..." isn't it too cold for short sleeves?? :confused: :confused:
    Was that in the letter or somewhere else? It would be very cold for short sleeves I shall rep you tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    Please let it be good news! Have they invited more ppl for interview cos they haven't offered enough ppl btw? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
    i would have thought that they have given the majority of their interviews out. but they do tend to interview a random few in march. someone on the dental stalking thread has got an interview on the 8th of march. i think if they have any spare places up for grabs towards march then they interview more. in my opninon they would probaly be sorting the offers and rejections now, which would take it to the end of february etc oh well time tells

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassi)
    yeh deja vu, but you should hear soon, because liverpool are still giving out interviews uptil march. unit 5
    Hey Hassan, thank you thats actually quite reassuring- I was really worried!

Does anyone know how many universities have completely finished their interviewing process like Sheffield?

Lol! Thanks :p: haha
    where have you applied btw? I have probably asked you before ...
    Heya, its okay i should really have where ive applied to in my sig
    its Manchester, Dundee, Queens and Liverpool

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassi)
    i would have thought that they have given the majority of their interviews out. but they do tend to interview a random few in march. someone on the dental stalking thread has got an interview on the 8th of march. i think if they have any spare places up for grabs towards march then they interview more. in my opninon they would probaly be sorting the offers and rejections now, which would take it to the end of february etc oh well time tells
    Yep...stupid time..
    Hopefully you'll get an iv from kings soon too if you got kings + Liverpool where would you choose?

ReputationRep:

Does anyone know how many universities have completely finished their interviewing process like Sheffield?

xx
    i suggest you try and ring liverpool. ( even if they dont pick the phone up:mad: ) quite alot of people on here have phoned unis and have found out if they are shortlisted for interview, rejected or their application is under review still.

ReputationRep:
    Was that in the letter or somewhere else? It would be very cold for short sleeves I shall rep you tomorrow!!
    LOL. well I got about 5 attached files in the email sent to me. One of them contained 'regulation of ... dental building' , thats where I found the info.

ReputationRep:

xx
    Oooo you heard from Liverpool yet? Thats the only place I've applied the same as you

edit : just read above posts and as hassi says ring up and ask they're interviewing til march

ReputationRep:
    Yep...stupid time..
    Hopefully you'll get an iv from kings soon too if you got kings + Liverpool where would you choose?
    that would be such a hard decision. liverpool is only an hour away from me, the dental school is awesome. kings:p: is excellent, but the cost of living in london is pretty steep but that city atmosphere is pretty good as well. but to be honest at the end of the day, where ever you study you become a dentist, but actually getting the offer first. whats ur first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Sheffield let people know by mid february or are they going to select an arbitrary day halfway through the month and give everyone an answer then? Only two weeks 'til mid feb, it's getting a bit tense.

Sorry I know this all sounds a bit irrelevant it'll just save me checking my emails every hour.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. well I got about 5 attached files in the email sent to me. One of them contained 'regulation of ... dental building' , thats where I found the info.
    Ooo yeah I got that but by letter - someone rang up and they said that'll be what's expected of you if you get in or something..doesn't really apply to the interview although I expect they don't wanna see too many piercings at the interview or too much jewellery etc. At the interview..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassi)
    that would be such a hard decision. liverpool is only an hour away from me, the dental school is awesome. kings:p: is excellent, but the cost of living in london is pretty steep but that city atmosphere is pretty good as well. but to be honest at the end of the day, where ever you study you become a dentist, but actually getting the offer first. whats ur first choice?
    I'll accept anywhere that'll take me really!
    but if I could choose then Leeds I guess

ReputationRep:
    Ooo yeah I got that but by letter - someone rang up and they said that'll be what's expected of you if you get in or something..doesn't really apply to the interview although I expect they don't wanna see too many piercings at the interview or too much jewellery etc. At the interview..
    hmmm does this mean you have a few piercings/tattoos??? The glass-heel girl never seems to stop surprising us :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zcbtc10)
    Does anyone know if Sheffield let people know by mid february or are they going to select an arbitrary day halfway through the month and give everyone an answer then? Only two weeks 'til mid feb, it's getting a bit tense.

Sorry I know this all sounds a bit irrelevant it'll just save me checking my emails every hour.
    I heard, from this thread, that any1 without an IV by now has been rejected + All offers and rejection will be handed out on the same day sometime in mid feb

ReputationRep:
    hmmm does this mean you have a few piercings/tattoos??? The glass-heel girl never seems to stop surprising us :p: :p:
    Lol! No, got 2 sets of ear piercings and in that letter it says you can wear one..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.