Turn on thread page Beta

Domestic Violence or something along those lines... watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that it is ok to hit a woman if she hits the man first? I'm undecided on this. I don't think it's acceptable from either sides but then men are, generally speaking, stronger than women so does that mean that a man shouldn't retaliate?

Give as good as you get. I do not believe anyone should hit anyone but the man has every right to retaliate. Gender does not make you exempt from retaliation at all especially in these days of supposed gender equality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Give as good as you get. I do not believe anyone should hit anyone but the man has every right to retaliate. Gender does not make you exempt from retaliation at all especially in these days of supposed gender equality.
    But does the increase in gender equality dismiss the fact that a man is stronger than a women and thus, could do more damage? I'm not disagreeing with you, but is it a valid point that if a man hits a women it's going to hurt more than if a woman hits a man?

ReputationRep:
    wtf... if a women thinks it is ok to whack a dude then she is fair game. personally i would probs just walk away, and if i couldnt i would probs just restrain her. but then i am the sort of guy who would do the same with a chap. on the otherhand if one of my boys smacked a girl in retaliation to get her off him i would be cool with that.

women can't expect the same wages and rights as men and then use the chick card when it fits

ReputationRep:
    Only in self-defence and only using reasonable force. You can't hit someone just 'cause they hit you, unless maybe you are 9 years old.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really about 'should and shouldn't'. I think a woman is unwise to hit an aggressive man. But in terms of morals, the force should be reasonable and necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's not the right thing to do, but it's ok. IMO (and in Whitney's opinion :awesome:).

(Original post by Jose1989)
    But does the increase in gender equality dismiss the fact that a man is stronger than a women and thus, could do more damage? I'm not disagreeing with you, but is it a valid point that if a man hits a women it's going to hurt more than if a woman hits a man?
    Yes and women know that so they will think when starting any sort of domestic violence in the first place. And some women are strong and huge. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's more than ok to cockslap them if they are out of the kitchen. :awesome:

I don't condone hitting women in any situation. Even in self-defence, you can block the hits with various parts of your body or run away. It may not be the most manly thing to do, but at least you don't get branded a woman beater.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hit women, and this is a thin line to tread.
    Women have hit me but I haven't hit back.

Men don't have to retaliate if enough restraint is used. However if you are asking is it right or is it acceptable? I'm really not sure. Personally I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    if a woman hits you then yes, absolutely

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone hitting anyone is 'ok' however, if a woman hits a man first then while ideally the man should walk away (and vice versa) they shouldn't expect to be treated differently just because of gender, but then hitting someone because they hit your first is quite childish. Don't do to others what you can't take yourself.

Only if the female is going to kill him

ReputationRep:
    [IMG]http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/slap-*****-demotivational-poster.jpg[/IMG]
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    In my own opinion, violence should never be solved with violence, so if a woman hits a man, then he should walk away, not retaliate. Same goes for a man hitting a woman. The only time i think someone should hit back is in self defense, nothing else, but i do not believe that women can take a moral high ground on domestic violence, a woman getting hit is not more important than a man getting hit, they are the same. I know people will disagree or think my view is stupid, but its just my opinion, regardless of who is stronger, or who hit first, the other should walk away, and neither man or woman is more important in domestic violence.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is, if shes man enough to hit a man shes man enough to get one back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom1390)
    It's not really about 'should and shouldn't'. I think a woman is unwise to hit an aggressive man. But in terms of morals, the force should be reasonable and necessary.
    This precisely. It's only acceptable if it's defensive.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't retaliate if they only hit me once but if they continued attacking me and were causing me harm, I would defend myself.

Depends on the circumstances though, if it was a stranger hitting me, I would defend myself straight away. If it was just a girlfriend slapping me or something, I wouldn't do anything.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.