Turn on thread page Beta

Systems Building:system model and environment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what is "system model and environment"

can anybody give me stuff to write about under this, it would be great, i will rep any obliviously helpful posts in the morning when i wake up, good night x

ReputationRep:
    Without knowing the exact context of the question, generally speaking a system model is exactly what its name suggests; a model of some sort of system. This system could be anything from an entire companies IT infrastructure comprising various sub-systems, interacting with other systems and so on, to a more simple example such as a booking system. Again, depending on the context, a system can be software, hardware, or a mixture.

The environment would be the environment that the system functioned within, however, this environment only covers things relevant to the system and that can affect it. For instance take a companies payroll system as the system, the environment would be where it functioned, i.e. within the company and would include other systems it interacted with or was a part of. The environment would not include unrelated factors (i.e. the layout of the office the system was deployed within).

I hope this is of some use.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 13, 2010

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.