Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i haven't been on tsr since i was revising for my A levels, i even met people in my halls for uni on here, some of whom i'm still friends with.
    But in my first week of uni i met my boyfriend, and we've been together 4 and a half year, we were all set to get married next christmas, and we broke up about 2 hours ago, there was so much drama in our realationship, other than that we were perfect for each other, i was 18, he was 21 when we met, we even lived together for a year in a student house, and after that ordeal living with two of his mates i thought we could make it through anything, lol, but we can't, and even though i see him nearly every other day, and i speak to him 4-5 times a day, we just fight over everthing, sometimes halfway through an argument we get side tracked by something more intresting like a snail, and it's all okay, but today, i don't think thats going to happen, it's hard to put down four years worth of justification for our realtionship, but if i love him, and he loves me, and we're both upset about breaking up, why can't we be together? And why don't we want to be together?
    I used to think that all you needed to make a realationship work was love and dedication, but i'm sat here, listening to sad songs in my pjs, missing him like crazy, but knowing that two people cannot keep fighting like this no matter how much they love each other, i guess that there is someone for everyone, and that he just wan't the one for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanzie)
    So i haven't been on tsr since i was revising for my A levels, i even met people in my halls for uni on here, some of whom i'm still friends with.
    But in my first week of uni i met my boyfriend, and we've been together 4 and a half year, we were all set to get married next christmas, and we broke up about 2 hours ago, there was so much drama in our realationship, other than that we were perfect for each other, i was 18, he was 21 when we met, we even lived together for a year in a student house, and after that ordeal living with two of his mates i thought we could make it through anything, lol, but we can't, and even though i see him nearly every other day, and i speak to him 4-5 times a day, we just fight over everthing, sometimes halfway through an argument we get side tracked by something more intresting like a snail, and it's all okay, but today, i don't think thats going to happen, it's hard to put down four years worth of justification for our realtionship, but if i love him, and he loves me, and we're both upset about breaking up, why can't we be together? And why don't we want to be together?
    I used to think that all you needed to make a realationship work was love and dedication, but i'm sat here, listening to sad songs in my pjs, missing him like crazy, but knowing that two people cannot keep fighting like this no matter how much they love each other, i guess that there is someone for everyone, and that he just wan't the one for me.
    Find the one for you then.... until then you can use me as a rebound.

I will await your PM.

ReputationRep:
    but if i love him, and he loves me, and we're both upset about breaking up, why can't we be together? And why don't we want to be together?
    Because you can love each other without being compatible with each other. It sucks but it can happen.

ReputationRep:
    Hey you're from Qatar! :woo: It's pure awesomeness down there :woo:

The sooner you're able to break away from this perception of there being a 'right' person the better it'll be for you. Evidently if the relationship ended then neither of you were 'right' for eachother.

ReputationRep:
    even though i see him nearly every other day, and i speak to him 4-5 times a day, we just fight over everthing,
    Maybe you need a bit of time apart?
    This always happens with me and my boyfriend.. when we are together constantly for a long period of time we start to get on eachother's nerves and argue about stupid things. Then we don't see eachother for a couple of days, gives us a chance to miss eachother.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.