Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Italy 'to follow France with Muslim full-face veil ban' watch

ReputationRep:
    The treatment of a large proportion of Muslim women in Arabic countries is quite frankly appalling. I am genuinely amazed at claims that the majority who do wear it, want to. Indeed, I find myself extremely sceptical of anyone who makes the claim that, for example, Afghanistani women are willing to veil their heads when marital rape is legalised. Such subjugation of women is disgusting.

Within Europe their is a finer line; freedoms are generally greater but at the same time, it must be acknowledged that there a tightly-formed communities which sometimes do not abide by these. Certainly, any child should not be made to wear it because it impairs the development of relationships which are vital when growing up. Equally, for security reasons, it should be banned it public places and moreover, also in places such as schools and hospitals where facial communication is necessary. Otherwise, it is difficult to reach a position which forces one group within society not do something, although it appears it is not harming anyone directly. Nevertheless, I do feel that greater resources should be made available to ensure that anyone who feels that they are being persecuted by their community feels that they are able to come forward and seek help.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a muslim and i think its good.

The full veil is just too much and just not suited at all in european countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Also I feel sorry for Muslim women, the veil must be terribly hot and sweaty and imagine all the spit that must build up around the mouth....blergh
    Actuly their naked under there. Take a little peak next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    I dislike it, because if the muslims cannot go to France or Italy, they'll come here - and until Labour gets voted out they'll just pile up and make a mess.
    Does this call for the BNP??? :awesome:

Nah, just kidding, BNP has bad points and good points, but the amount of bad points destroys the good points and further more.

Which party would you suggest? - or was it the BNP that you was implying?

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the UK will implement it - it would be interesting to see how they would word the legislation.

But if it is tested in a European court then I understand then the UK can enforce it that way. So it would take for someone in France/Itealy to take it to the european court for it to have any effect here. Assuming the UK doesnt do it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Idiot, balaclavas are perfectly legal to wear in public. :facepalm2:
    Your assumption is wrong, and my point is still valid. I was not claiming anything about the legality of balaclavas in public, and many other posters have echoed my thoughts. I really don't appreciate being called an idiot either. You are not a nice person.

ReputationRep:
    Full veils are annoying. I truthfully thought full face veils were used to protect the face and eyes in countries such as Egypt where much of the land is desert/sand.
    The idea of wearing them all the time is over the top.

ReputationRep:
    deleted

ReputationRep:
    Good idea, hope Britain follow suit very soon

ReputationRep:
    It's a clear security risk. Especially on public transport. I hope Britain follows suit.

ReputationRep:
    This really does make you :facepalm:

I've yet to see the day where I log into TSR and DON'T see the words 'Islam' or 'Muslim' on the main page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casse)
    Well I'm not suprised. Berlusconi & Co. have no idea about modesty considering he hires a bunch of showgirls to his cabinet. The same can be said of Sarkozy with a wife that made her name posing nude. These are the last people to talk a about female dignity.
    Well said!

ReputationRep:
    Good, any kind fo stance against Islam can only be good. I am proud that Europeans are growing a spine and protecting our beautiful culture, society and countries.
    This is OUR continent, none asked Muslims to come here.I am sick of watching my beautiful society being overun by islam. The truth is that most people are utterly sick to the back teeth of muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Caption contest

....... No, no, no you can turn right back and go back to the desert. Frankly we are sick of you. dont even think bout stepping foot here. I can almost smell the explosives off you.

JIMMY, come here and look at these clowns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EndlessEurope)
    Good, any kind fo stance against Islam can only be good. I am proud that Europeans are growing a spine and protecting our beautiful culture, society and countries.
    This is OUR continent, none asked Muslims to come here.I am sick of watching my beautiful society being overun by islam. The truth is that most people are utterly sick to the back teeth of muslims.
    Great first post :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Britain will ever do this or anything similar.

ReputationRep:
    I do think this is more of a, "You ban me, I ban you", thing because as you know there are many thing foreigners are restricted from doing in Muslim countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EndlessEurope)
    What about all the Europeans who converted to Islam. Where should they go?

A report by France’s domestic intelligence agency, published by Le Figaro, estimated last year that there were 30,000 to 50,000 converts in France.

In Germany, government officials estimated that 4,000 people converted to Islam last year, compared with an annual average of 300 in the late 1990s

ReputationRep:
    Italy would. :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.