The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Casse
What about all the Europeans who converted to Islam. Where should they go?A report by France’s domestic intelligence agency, published by Le Figaro, estimated last year that there were 30,000 to 50,000 converts in France.

In Germany, government officials estimated that 4,000 people converted to Islam last year, compared with an annual average of 300 in the late 1990s

Obviously they would have to stay.
Iapetus
“This is about a sacrosanct battle to defend the dignity and rights of immigrant women"

In b4 muslim girl ****-storm saying that they have no problems with traditional dress.
I had thought that the reason for the veil being banned was security related - in the same way that thugs can't wear balaclavas. Obviously this minister thinks otherwise.

:ditto: I thought it was for security reasons as well :s-smilie: If it was for security reasons then fair enough, but if not then wtf are they doing :|
It's silly that they don't realise that two wrongs don't make a right. So they ban the full-veil in order to 'free' the women that have been forced to wear them, but they take the rights away from those who want to wear them. That's just one problem solved and another one created lol.

Edit:
Lord Hysteria
Yeah, I am sure they choose to dress up like Darth Vader :smile: :smile:

You would be surprised by the amount of people that choose to wear them :smile:
Reply 82
Columbia
I don't think Britain will ever do this or anything similar.

Why? If other European countries follow suite. What makes Britain so different that we wouldn't initiate such an action? And I don't think it's "our long history of tolerance and liberty", because it's clear this government are very happy to ban, ban, ban!
Reply 83
open up ur heart and lets live togther, islam is a religion of peace, i think ur the ones to blam with ur illumintai and cia crap, who do you think bought down the towers
Reply 84
I love Italian culture: pizzarias, pasta, OILY TOMATO with every dish, coffee houses... We don't need these non-europeans cluttering up the place. The niqab in Italy is an insult.
Reply 85
khalaf

Thank you! I would've said this except when people are so narrow minded that it doesn't occur to them that maybe they want to wear what they do there's no point tbh..

Yeah and maybe it doesn't occur to you that they "want" to in the same way that non-Muslim girls want to get fake tans. Because there's a certain amount of pressure coming from somewhere.
Reply 86
in_vogue
Yeah and maybe it doesn't occur to you that they "want" to in the same way that non-Muslim girls want to get fake tans. Because there's a certain amount of pressure coming from somewhere.

So it's humanly impossible for someone to want to do something because they believe it's right?

What you've just done there is generalise fake tans as well..How do you know that girls who get fake tans do it because of peer pressure, not because they believe it looks good?

In the same way, I acknowledge that some muslim girls may do it because of pressure from their families, but there's an exception to everything.
send those folks back to sandland!
Reply 88
it is very simple actually, any Muslim who has a problem with that, should leave the country and live elsewhere, the earth is too big of a place to sit and complaign.....

Latest

Trending

Trending