Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

you lot when does your 2nd semester start and finish then? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine starts on feb 2nd and ends in late april but i get 2 weeks easter break then 1 reading week! thats gonna be my assignment time!

ReputationRep:
    Our classes resumed 11th January, and they end 26th March, followed by a 3 week holiday, and then exam term.

ReputationRep:
    we dont have semesters as such, just terms

and ours started 14th january and ends ont he 10th of march, then a 6? week holiday then the next term starts

ReputationRep:
    erm july - december 2010, although we call it semester 4

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield only have two terms and the spring one starts 8th of Feb to the 26th of May or something like that. Its a bit funny as right now are my exams from last semester.

ReputationRep:
    started at the endof september, 3wks foreaster then finish mid may!

ReputationRep:
    in 2011..:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Mine started this Monday, so the 25th January and runs till the 3rd April. The third Semester then starts on the 4th May

ReputationRep:
    why does people have 3rd semesters?

(Original post by Atomic Tundra)
    why does people have 3rd semesters?
    I guess some Unis call their term after Easter a semester. So I guess Semester 1 would be from Sept to Dec, Semester 2 for Jan to Easter and Semester 3 from Easter to end of term.

We have two semesters, semester 2 started 25th Jan (straight after exams) and finishes 18th June.

ReputationRep:
    8th of February it starts and is 12 weeks long

ReputationRep:
    Finish in late April with classes, and then work deadline is May sometime.

ReputationRep:
    We started back 25th January - 26th March for Easter break (29th March - 9th April) although we will have assignments to do. 19th April we go back and uni is closed 3rd of May. From the 7th April. we finish for exam periods and uni closes on the 18th May.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.