Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

foot gone worse after visiting the doctor!! (PICS) Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1167618

i posted this thread earlier today talking about my swollen foot. the first poster 'Somestudent' advised me to make an appointment with the doctor to check my foot. so i went straight away to the gp... the doctor was shocked by how big my foot was and subscribed me with 3 medicines.. told me to take 2 of each today and if its not better by tomorrow i should go see her... she also said its highly unlikely that it wouldn't be better... except now its gone worse... the swelling is reaching my toes and walking is now much harder than when i was walking this morning. take a look at this photo... took it an hour ago and compare it with the one in the other thread.... its gone worse right? what do you suggest i do.
    i know its not a very good photo but thats because i can hardly move.

crap... there was an error uploading it... i will upload it now again

ok fixed http://yfrog.com/jtwebcam201001301824lp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I HEART KFC!!!)
    told me to take 2 of each today and if its not better by tomorrow i should go see her...
    Are you stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Are you stupid?
    wait what... why?

ReputationRep:
    Well what do you think you should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Well what do you think you should do?
    yeah but it's gotten worse... the swelling is getting to my toes... i can't move them

ReputationRep:
    Oh well you definately shouldn't go back to the doctor like they told you to then.

However, maybe next time you do you could get them to look at your head?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: - The doctor clearly told you that if it didn't get better (which it hasn't) then you should go back and see her. What do you think you should do?

But since you are clearly incapable of using your initiative.... I'm telling you to go back to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    So is this a troll, or are all you guys just not taking him seriously because of the username? I don't get it.
    Whatever...that's one seriously swollen foot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    :facepalm: - The doctor clearly told you that if it didn't get better (which it hasn't) then you should go back and see her. What do you think you should do?

But since you are clearly incapable of using your initiative.... I'm telling you to go back to the doctor.
    well yeah of course i am going to the doctor tomorrow.. but did u notice the swelling. it got a lot worse right?

ReputationRep:
    well yeah of course i am going to the doctor tomorrow.. but did u notice the swelling. it got a lot worse right?
    Where do you live? Whats the time where you are? I make it 9:15 in the morning right now, so if your on the same time zone at me, you much have seen the doctor quite early this morning. In which case you haven't given the meds much time to do their job.

If you're not in the same time zone as me, how long ago did you take the meds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Where do you live? Whats the time where you are? I make it 9:15 in the morning right now, so if your on the same time zone at me, you much have seen the doctor quite early this morning. In which case you haven't given the meds much time to do their job.

If you're not in the same time zone as me, how long ago did you take the meds?
    hi... i live in new zealand. its 10:21 pm now 30th january. i took the meds 8 hours ago or 7hours.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think it look that bad, and part of the reason it looks swollen is the angle of your left foot in the picture, if both of your feet were at the same angle in the picture it would look even less swollen. I was expecting it to look really bad.

ReputationRep:
    hi... i live in new zealand. its 10:21 pm now 30th january. i took the meds 8 hours ago or 7hours.
    Then If I were you, I would elevate your foot, put it on ice and go to the doctors first thing in the morning. If it causes you real pain in the night, maybe go to casualty, but thats your call.

Put you foot up (if you are lying put pillows under it to elevate it), otherwise the swelling is never going down.

ReputationRep:
    Just go back to the dr and he/she will give you some other medication.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1167618

i posted this thread earlier today talking about my swollen foot. the first poster 'Somestudent' advised me to make an appointment with the doctor to check my foot. so i went straight away to the gp... the doctor was shocked by how big my foot was and subscribed me with 3 medicines.. told me to take 2 of each today and if its not better by tomorrow i should go see her... she also said its highly unlikely that it wouldn't be better... except now its gone worse... the swelling is reaching my toes and walking is now much harder than when i was walking this morning. take a look at this photo... took it an hour ago and compare it with the one in the other thread.... its gone worse right? what do you suggest i do.
    i know its not a very good photo but thats because i can hardly move.

crap... there was an error uploading it... i will upload it now again

ok fixed http://yfrog.com/jtwebcam201001301824lp
    Whats meds have you been prescribed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petzneo)
    Whats meds have you been prescribed?
    Prednisone Tablets 20mg, Cetirizine HCL Ta 10 mg, 21 amoxcycillin+clavulanic Ta 500/123 mg and Foban ointment.

went again to the gp and they gave me a new medication which is prednisone

ReputationRep:
    I would say wait on it until tommorrow and do all the things the others have told you e.g. elevate your leg and put ice on it. There's nothing else we can do for you. It might be better if you put a warm/hot towel on it first and then put the ice on for about 5 min fo the towel and 10 min for the ice. Apparently warm stuff makes your muscles relax. However do not forget the ice after!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Prednisone Tablets 20mg, Cetirizine HCL Ta 10 mg, 21 amoxcycillin+clavulanic Ta 500/123 mg and Foban ointment.

went again to the gp and they gave me a new medication which is prednisone
    Ok, so the cetririzine HCL is an anithistamine, used for allergies. For you, I assuming its for easing the swelling in your foot.

The amoxcycillin+clavulanic Ta 500/123 mg is an antibiotic (which is known as Co-amoxiclav in the UK) is to treat any animal bites, infections and cellulitis. I think that your doctor is trying to cover all of his/hers bases and think its an infection of some form.

This is apparent when you see that he has prescribed foban ointment which is for staphylcoccus skin infection. You must apply it as recommended and not forget, as this can delay your treatment.

The Prednisone (Prednisolone in the UK) is a corticosteroid. It is used to reduce the inflammation. It has much a much stronger action then cetirizine HCL.

The doctor has followed a good course of action. I hope by explaining the medicines it will reassure you of the doctor's work.

MAKE SURE you complete the course of medicines and take them at the right time and the correct dosages...otherwise the treatment become useless.

Also what did your doctor diagnose you with?

And did you have any tests?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petzneo)
    Ok, so the cetririzine HCL is an anithistamine, used for allergies. For you, I assuming its for easing the swelling in your foot.

The amoxcycillin+clavulanic Ta 500/123 mg is an antibiotic (which is known as Co-amoxiclav in the UK) is to treat any animal bites, infections and cellulitis. I think that your doctor is trying to cover all of his/hers bases and think its an infection of some form.

This is apparent when you see that he has prescribed foban ointment which is for staphylcoccus skin infection. You must apply it as recommended and not forget, as this can delay your treatment.

The Prednisone (Prednisolone in the UK) is a corticosteroid. It is used to reduce the inflammation. It has much a much stronger action then cetirizine HCL.

The doctor has followed a good course of action. I hope by explaining the medicines it will reassure you of the doctor's work.

MAKE SURE you complete the course of medicines and take them at the right time and the correct dosages...otherwise the treatment become useless.

Also what did your doctor diagnose you with?

And did you have any tests?

Thanks!

alright thanks a lot... the only test that they did was weigh me and see my blood pressure. and the doctor told me since we don't know if its a bite or an infection i will give u medications that cover both. but i am not diagnosed with anything yet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.