Turn on thread page Beta

student loans queston end of course date watch

ReputationRep:
    just being paranoid i think, i asked my uni when my course finishes they said 20014,wouldnt say a month date, so on my student loan form i just put in 06/2014 as the finishing date, but if the date turned out to be different could this cause problems?

i rang student loans and they said to not worry and they would contact me if theres any problems, but would there be any? would be great if anyone here had a good idea how this works.

il probly just ring them once they accept to stop any paranoid/anxious thoughts creeping in bout funding

ReputationRep:
    The exact course end date won't make a difference, no. A rough estimation will do.

I used July as my month. In fact, I did end up graduating in July, but my course finished in April. It makes no difference to the SLC as long as they basically know which year to stop paying you in. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    The exact course end date won't make a difference, no. A rough estimation will do.

I used July as my month. In fact, I did end up graduating in July, but my course finished in April. It makes no difference to the SLC as long as they basically know which year to stop paying you in. :p:
    thanks , its just uni is so importent i seem to be overthinking everything about it lol thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I looked up on Surrey's website what month this years undergraduates were finishing, then added it to the correct year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    I looked up on Surrey's website what month this years undergraduates were finishing, then added it to the correct year
    yeah i allready applied tho and hull dont have any exact dates , as far as i can see , well i have contacted them so , all i can do i guess

ReputationRep:

It can make a difference because some courses are longer than others, if the course is over 39 weeks long they give you a set amount (based on your means testing and whatever they have set the rate at for that academic year) for each additional week.

However you should know the term dates for that academic year when you fill in your student loans form so they will make the calculation from the dates you enter for that year.

As far as the end date of your course goes, technically it is the date you graduate but the student loans company will use the last day of term for their calculations.

In my third year i only had a couple of exams in the summer and they were both in the first week of exams which meant i essentially only had three weeks of work after the Easter hols and had then completed all of the work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipsi)
    It can make a difference because some courses are longer than others, if the course is over 39 weeks long they give you a set amount (based on your means testing and whatever they have set the rate at for that academic year) for each additional week.

However you should know the term dates for that academic year when you fill in your student loans form so they will make the calculation from the dates you enter for that year.

As far as the end date of your course goes, technically it is the date you graduate but the student loans company will use the last day of term for their calculations.

In my third year i only had a couple of exams in the summer and they were both in the first week of exams which meant i essentially only had three weeks of work after the Easter hols and had then completed all of the work.
    :yep: The OP, though, needn't be concerned by not getting the exact month right. A mix-up between June and July is nothing to worry about of the OP isn't sure of the exact month.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: The OP, though, needn't be concerned by not getting the exact month right. A mix-up between June and July is nothing to worry about of the OP isn't sure of the exact month.
    /salute 07

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.