Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting PY1 and PY3, as well as doing this exam in the summer, so I really have my work cut out!
    What is the best way to revise? :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh myyy you have LOTS to do! I would say for PY1 and Section C of PY3, just learn you essays, but learn them as content as opposed to an actual 'essay'. In regards to the research methods - past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can't decide whether it's too much to learn, like I may just end up doing badly on all of them, 'cause it's so much content!
    I got C's on both PY1 and PY3, but a D on PY2 and I definitely didn't want to resit that one 'cause it drained the life out of me, so I came up with the 'bright idea' of resitting the two C's. :/
    I was four marks off a C overall at AS, 'cause the D dragged me down, but I need a C overall!
    I came out with:
    51/80 - PY1
    65/120 - PY2
    48/80 - PY3

Do you reckon it would be wiser to just resit PY3? :/

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd say revise PY3 as it's an easier exam to the other 2 and you could with lots of revision pull it up at least 10 or 15 UMS. I got B's in PY1 and PY2 last year and got a top A in PY3 so I think you should consider PY3 more than PY1. I have all the essays for PY3 if you need them! Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was thinking that, thank you.
    Yeah, would it be possible for you to send me the essays?
    It would be a huge help.
    Have you began revision for PY4 yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course I will
    Erm kind of I've began planning my essays and things just need to finish them and began revising!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that's a huge help.
    Are you creating model answers for PY4 then?
    We've been advised to revise content because the questions can alter apparently, I'm really confused by what to do!

ReputationRep:
    If you check your Student room private messages ive messaged you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If I can find my notes from PY3 I will write up the essays too I got a good mark on that exam and I think it would have been due to the essays

ReputationRep:
    Forensic People, what evidence/theories do you have for the psychodynamic theories of aggression?

Do not like presentations, do not like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethan92)
    Forensic People, what evidence/theories do you have for the psychodynamic theories of aggression?

Ohh I dislike presentations a lot! I thought it's theories of crime, not theories of aggression.

Psychological theories
    - Eysenck's Personality theory and crime
    - Psychoanalytic theory of crime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ohh I dislike presentations a lot! I thought it's theories of crime, not theories of aggression.

Psychological theories
    - Eysenck's Personality theory and crime
    - Psychoanalytic theory of crime
    Ohh it is, you're right, I'm just being an idiot, gah so tired :pinch:

Yehh I've got to do one on "Psychodynamic theories of offending".
    Failing to find alternate evidence on it though :/

Thanks for those though

ReputationRep:

Psychodynamic stuff involves Bowlby's maternal deprivation. (Google the 44 thieves study by Bowlby) theres quite a bit of A02 stuff that you can use against Bowlby's research (e.g. Rutter)

could you possibly give me an essay plan of how you did your dissolution of relationships essay? Can anyone give me some help with this one? mine is all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pwhit)
    If you check your Student room private messages ive messaged you!!!
    Hi phwit, just wanted to welcome you to the PY4 thread. If you would be so kind to tell us what topics you are studying for in PY4 so we can put you in the first/original post. Therefore people can quote you for some help and you can come to us as well

@ mel0n: have you completed your theories of crime essay? If so, how long is it (word-count or number if sides if you wrote it) Mine is 1100 words and I 'only' got a B (need an A). Teacher has give me some feedback on the essay but i dont know how I can fit more stuff in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Psychodynamic stuff involves Bowlby's maternal deprivation. (Google the 44 thieves study by Bowlby) theres quite a bit of A02 stuff that you can use against Bowlby's research (e.g. Rutter)

could you possibly give me an essay plan of how you did your dissolution of relationships essay? Can anyone give me some help with this one? mine is all over the place.
    Thank youu I got some research that supports Bowlby in the end.

Yehh sure
    Mine basically goes:
    -Difficult to understand dissolution because they don't all end the same, ethical restrictions etc etc.
    -Lee and Duck Phase Models
    - Comparison of the Models (How Lee's is more optimistic than Ducks and how it wont relate to every culture)
    -Fatal Attraction, Relationship problems, rule violations
    - Hill's 1976 research with students dating over 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu I got some research that supports Bowlby in the end.

Yehh sure
    Mine basically goes:
    -Difficult to understand dissolution because they don't all end the same, ethical restrictions etc etc.
    -Lee and Duck Phase Models
    - Comparison of the Models (How Lee's is more optimistic than Ducks and how it wont relate to every culture)
    -Fatal Attraction, Relationship problems, rule violations
    - Hill's 1976 research with students dating over 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Mel0n.
    Is everyone learning generic essays for the PY4 exam?
    My teacher has said that the questions can alter, so I'm torn between just focusing completely on content and planning model answers!
    We're doing memory, abnormal psychology and forensic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet25)
    Thanks Mel0n.
    Is everyone learning generic essays for the PY4 exam?
    My teacher has said that the questions can alter, so I'm torn between just focusing completely on content and planning model answers!
    We're doing memory, abnormal psychology and forensic.
    by generic - if you mean writing an essay and memorisin it for the exam then yeah Im doin that. 1 of my teachers is a py4 marker and I told her Im gonna just memorise them and she said its ok. i think she wouldve told me that the questions might change but she didnt so i wouldnt worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I meant.
    The question isn't going to change dramatically, just the wording apparently...like, it could be explain instead of discuss, things like that. :
    That's what we have been told anyway. :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.