Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anymore for anymore model answers to anyone reading this? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Do you have any model answers on anything to do with abnormal?! I'm driving myself crazzzy lol. Tried writing a few but my teacher doesn't do any marking. So unhelpful
    I don't exactly have model answers but I have lots of info that I've put together into an essay. I'll write some out for you as soon as I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I don't exactly have model answers but I have lots of info that I've put together into an essay. I'll write some out for you as soon as I can
    Aw thank you that would be SO helpful

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got tips for how to revise, i have got essay plans but how can i learn them?

ReputationRep:
    got less than 3 weeks of college and still got one topic to go!

ReputationRep:
    Notes for ''Gender bias in Psychology'':

Developmental Psychology – clearly demonstrates gender bias. Kohglberg’s research = example of andocentric bias cos 84 boys used as universal explanation that was applied to both sexes. Also beta bias as it ignored differences between the genders but also alpha bias cos he argued that females are morally inferior.

Freud’s gender development = based on clinical case studies = also alpha bias as he argues women = inferior and have weaker superego. Implications of this = women not suitable for social positions requiring decision making such as politics, education and health care.

Evolutionary psychologists e.g. Buss – demonstrate how woman seek resourceful males and males look for physically attractive females cos this is adaptive behaviour based on evolutionary past. This = arguable example of oversimplified alpha bias – exaggerated differences between sexes and also deterministic due to ignoring individual differences and free will in mate selection.

Biological Psychologists - explain gender differences as result of hormones & brain structures. Moir and Jessel – alpha biased view that men & women = psychologically different cos their brains are different. Argue that biological differences demonstrate that the sexes = innately different and to suggest otherwise would be to build a society based on a biological and scientific lie.

Although there’s lots of evidence to support argument, feminist psychologists - e.g.Tavris say it = not convincing evidence to show gender differences in behaviour is caused by bio differences & when brain differences to exist they are insignificant.

Tavris – criticised Psychology for andocentric bias cos male samples = often used yet findings generalised to women and women = often described as ‘pathological, abnormal and deficient’. Tavris is however beta biased herself – fails to acknowledge a mass of research showing genuine gender differences.

Although biological psychologists over emphasise role of bio factors, feminist over emphasise role of sexism by males and ignore that each sex is biologically different. Gross – reports that most psychologists agree – bio differences = important part of behaviour and experiences but also – stereotyping, culture and individual differences = important.

Nicholson – male psychologists using scientific method ignore unique qualities of women related to social, personal and cultural factors. As result – women = pathologised by disorders. This = e.g. of how gender bias and methodology devalue women which as a consequence casts them as socially disadvantaged.

ReputationRep:
    For the treatments of schizophrenia/depression could they state which treatments they want us to talk about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    For the treatments of schizophrenia/depression could they state which treatments they want us to talk about?
    As far as I'm aware, no. It'll just ask you to discuss the treatments, and then it's down to you which ones you talk about. I'm doing chemotherapy (E.g prozac, anti psychotics, etc.) and talking treatments (E.g CBT)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xstarxsparklex)
    As far as I'm aware, no. It'll just ask you to discuss the treatments, and then it's down to you which ones you talk about. I'm doing chemotherapy (E.g prozac, anti psychotics, etc.) and talking treatments (E.g CBT)
    Ahhh, pretty much the same. We've learnt just two treatments: Drug Therapy (chemo) and CBT. I had a look in a book I have for psychology and there's stuff to do with Psychoanalysis and ECT and stuff, and I'm worried incase we get asked which treatments to talk about, or how many treatments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ahhh, pretty much the same. We've learnt just two treatments: Drug Therapy (chemo) and CBT. I had a look in a book I have for psychology and there's stuff to do with Psychoanalysis and ECT and stuff, and I'm worried incase we get asked which treatments to talk about, or how many treatments
    Ooooh I see! I mean I guess it can't do any harm reading around those subjects but as far as I know the questions are pre-set and there's 5 set possible questions for each topic But even if the question doesn't ask specifically about Psychoanalysis and ECT, you could possibly evaluate CBT/ drug treatments questioning their effectiveness as opposed to alternative treatments -ECT/ Psychoanalysis?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I see! I mean I guess it can't do any harm reading around those subjects but as far as I know the questions are pre-set and there's 5 set possible questions for each topic But even if the question doesn't ask specifically about Psychoanalysis and ECT, you could possibly evaluate CBT/ drug treatments questioning their effectiveness as opposed to alternative treatments -ECT/ Psychoanalysis?
    Ahh yeah I guess I could do that I hope they don't specifically ask about ECT/Psychoanalysis etc. seeing as I'm not going to learn them indepth or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please please roughly tell me what they wrote for, like did you talk about emotions in the forgetting essay?

Forgetting Essay
    and
    Disorders of Memory Essay
    and
    Emotions and Memory

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, roughly how many words are all your essays? I'm struggling to cut mine down to under 1000 each :/

ReputationRep:
    Under 1000?? I think mine are about 1000 if not a bit more.. Not too sure.

And Jabed, I think I talked about emotions in the forgetting essay. Repression comes into both. I can't remember anything else ha :o:

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, roughly how many words are all your essays? I'm struggling to cut mine down to under 1000 each :/
    Well half of mine are just under 1000 words
    and the other half are around 800 words which is really how much I can write in 30 mins

I use the another 2 or 3 mins we have for each question to write out brief plans because my teacher is a py4 marker (she is ill now so I cant ask her for help with these essays now ahhhh) anyway she said the people who did brief essay plans in the exam often did better than people who didnt.

BUT make sure you cross out the essay plan once youve finished with it because they will mark it.

I really need to start trying to cut out some stuff from 1000 words but its hard!

ReputationRep:
    How many sides are your essays?

ReputationRep:
    Mine are about 4 sides. And yours?

ReputationRep:
    Oh! That's quite long! I'm not sure. Mine are like, 3 sides of normal writing but in exams that becomes about 6 sides because my writing doubles in size and stuff :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah :P I think mine is only so long because of the awful scrawl that is my writing. Yours sounds a decent length I can't believe how soon it is... >.<

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday one of the teachers said that anything between 600-900 words is fine too :erm:

And I haven't even started proper revision yet wrote out first set of notes but not been, like, going over it or anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.