Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can anybody give me information on the multi store model of memory? I havent got anything thanks!

ReputationRep:
    About 4 sides each essay and roughly 850 words.
    My writing is pretty messy.

I haven't even finished writing each essay out for the first time yet since one of my teachers kind of rushed over the few thigns on the specification.Plan is to write them all out by june 10th and then memorise them all by 29th june and also make notes for the controversies because the questions they ask on that are less predictable and they ask for definitions of things.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone taking PY3 or has everyone done it already?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else struggling with how to revise, it's seriously bugging me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekkiiee-xo)
    Is anyone else struggling with how to revise, it's seriously bugging me
    I haven't started hardcore revision. Wrote notes out and some model answers but actually not learnt them yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I haven't started hardcore revision. Wrote notes out and some model answers but actually not learnt them yet
    Have you actually wrote a 'modal answer' for every essay question (basically all 21 essays!)
    I'm stilling trying to write 8 essays. Its proving to be a boring and difficult task =/ Also have to reduce some of the word count in some essays which is just posing as another issue. Gonna actually memorise the stuff next week.
    For your nature/nurture essay what key issues have you talked about?
    I'm thinking of doing Intelligence, but need something else.

And for your free will/determisn essay - have you just explained what each 'approach' believes in and then tried evaluating Determinism and Freewill as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Is anyone taking PY3 or has everyone done it already?
    I've done it. Most of my class did really well - getting mostly A's and B's.
    The paper isnt as bad as I thought it would be.
    If I can remember well - the essay questions that came up in our paper were to do with
    Animal ethics, disadvantages of science and dealing with ethical issues.
    So you may want to not focus on them as much because they may be less likely to come up.

There's an Examiner report of our PY3 on the WJEC site so you can check that to see what kinda things they look for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Have you actually wrote a 'modal answer' for every essay question (basically all 21 essays!)
    I'm stilling trying to write 8 essays. Its proving to be a boring and difficult task =/ Also have to reduce some of the word count in some essays which is just posing as another issue. Gonna actually memorise the stuff next week.
    For your nature/nurture essay what key issues have you talked about?
    I'm thinking of doing Intelligence, but need something else.

And for your free will/determisn essay - have you just explained what each 'approach' believes in and then tried evaluating Determinism and Freewill as a whole.
    Hello, it's a boring and tedious task having to write these essays out!! I've wrote some out but need to actually LEARN them, as of yet!!

As for the nature/nurture - I think I talked about intelligence too, and also mate preferences. I've used the psychodynamic as an example of how genetics and environment BOTH play a part and ermmmm, forgot what else

As for freewill and determinism yeah I think that's what I've basically done. Behaviourism, then Biological approach/Humanistic approach. Then ermm soft determinism I think and also the implications of determinism i.e murdereds rapists not being responsible for their own actions etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Hello, it's a boring and tedious task having to write these essays out!! I've wrote some out but need to actually LEARN them, as of yet!!

As for the nature/nurture - I think I talked about intelligence too, and also mate preferences. I've used the psychodynamic as an example of how genetics and environment BOTH play a part and ermmmm, forgot what else

As for freewill and determinism yeah I think that's what I've basically done. Behaviourism, then Biological approach/Humanistic approach. Then ermm soft determinism I think and also the implications of determinism i.e murdereds rapists not being responsible for their own actions etc.
    Are you still keeping your word count to about 1000 in each essay?

edit: also given your sig has a cute little kitten - thought you might like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8
    (you've probably seen it already lol)

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna do a timed essay now then I'll check how much I can write andd haha I'll check the link too

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo, it just took me 35 minutes to write about 1080 words. 4 sides of normal writing, 7 sides of scruffy timed writing lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Hellooo, it just took me 35 minutes to write about 1080 words. 4 sides of normal writing, 7 sides of scruffy timed writing lol.
    Even so, that is still a lot of writing! In 35 minutes I can write about 900 words max in scruffy handwriting (when my 'e's begin looking like 'i' or 'o' and I forget to put the line across the 't's).

So I need to trim down so many of my 1000 word essays down to around 850 words, but its so hard because I don't know what to take out =/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here roughyl know what mark we need out of 100 to get an A in this py4?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here roughyl know what mark we need out of 100 to get an A in this py4?
    Isn't it usually roughly 80% an A? So 80 marks? I'm not toooo sure though :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xstarxsparklex)
    Isn't it usually roughly 80% an A? So 80 marks? I'm not toooo sure though :P
    I thought that would be the case but the boundries for the other units never have 80% of the total mark equating an A. For example in PY2, 58/90 or thereabouts is an A and that is less than 80%

ReputationRep:
    I thought that would be the case but the boundries for the other units never have 80% of the total mark equating an A. For example in PY2, 58/90 or thereabouts is an A and that is less than 80%
    Oooer didn't know that! Ah no idea then

ReputationRep:
    This exam is out of 120 not 100, btw. 80% UMS is an A, 70% is a B, 60% a C and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    This exam is out of 120 not 100, btw. 80% UMS is an A, 70% is a B, 60% a C and so on.
    120 is the UMS
    but 100 is the mark.
    And I'm trying to find out what the mark is generally for an A because that will then equate to the 80% ums wont it?

ReputationRep:
    120 is the UMS
    but 100 is the mark.
    And I'm trying to find out what the mark is generally for an A because that will then equate to the 80% ums wont it?
    Raw marks fluctuate every year! My raw mark was 69/80 for PY3 and I got 78 for UMS, so I really don't know :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Raw marks fluctuate every year! My raw mark was 69/80 for PY3 and I got 78 for UMS, so I really don't know :o:
    Exactly, thats why I said 'generally' because I know they fluctuate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.