Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Ahh ok. Have you done PY3? I'm wondering if it's anything to do with that :confused: So confused why he'd have taught us it if we don't need to know it! lol.
    Hi can you help me out?
    What are the key points you have for Benefits of Relationships? And/or do you have any notes on it? thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethan92)
    Yepp I've already looked at them, going to read it better later

I got a C, which is okay I suppose, I knew I'd messed up one or two questions. Should be pretty easy for me to get a B overall now though, which I'd be happy with
    Hi, can you please help me? What kind of key points have you got on the Benefits of Relationships bit, like ao1 and ao2 stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Hi can you help me out?
    What are the key points you have for Benefits of Relationships? And/or do you have any notes on it? thank you.
    Hey, I'd be more than happy to help you out.. just I've got PY3 on monday so I've been focusing on that and kind of put PY4 to one side!

After my exam though, monday afternoon sometime I'll get my notes out for you if you can wait till then? I'll type them up on here

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'd be more than happy to help you out.. just I've got PY3 on monday so I've been focusing on that and kind of put PY4 to one side!

After my exam though, monday afternoon sometime I'll get my notes out for you if you can wait till then? I'll type them up on here
    Oh thank you thank you thank you - I dont mind waiting

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can you please help me? What kind of key points have you got on the Benefits of Relationships bit, like ao1 and ao2 stuff?
    Heyy
    Yehh I can help.
    I've talked about how marriage has been found to increase happiness, with two pieces of research relating to that to back it up.
    Then talked about how if you had good physical well being you were more likely to get married, along with married people have lower depression.
    Then how marriage benefits men and women in different ways.
    Married couples and cohabiting couples and whether they felt the same way about their relationship.
    Homosexual relationship happiness levels.
    Friendships and how it improves out CV responses.
    Finally, a bit about support groups.

Sorry it's vague, kind of rushed through it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethan92)
    Heyy
    Yehh I can help.
    I've talked about how marriage has been found to increase happiness, with two pieces of research relating to that to back it up.
    Then talked about how if you had good physical well being you were more likely to get married, along with married people have lower depression.
    Then how marriage benefits men and women in different ways.
    Married couples and cohabiting couples and whether they felt the same way about their relationship.
    Homosexual relationship happiness levels.
    Friendships and how it improves out CV responses.
    Finally, a bit about support groups.

Sorry it's vague, kind of rushed through it!
    Thanks, I'm just trying to see if I'm on the right lines, because some of my essay so far has been on the health benefits, but I've noticed on the specification that they ask about psychological well being which I have wrote some stuff about but not a lot.
    I'll try researching gender differences thanks.

ReputationRep:

Hey I'm just quoting you again to tell you, you don't have to help me since 'bethan92' has just give me some help. Unless you have some good ao2 points which would be great. I hope py3 goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhhh I need to start learning these essays!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ahhhhhhhh I need to start learning these essays!!
    Youve started making notes havent you? so atleast you have started revising. I still need to write some of them out but have begun memorising a few.
    btw can I ask, roughly how many UMS you got in py2?

ReputationRep:
    Youve started making notes havent you? so atleast you have started revising. I still need to write some of them out but have begun memorising a few.
    btw can I ask, roughly how many UMS you got in py2?
    Yeah I've made notes :o: in PY2 I got 102/120 iirc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Yeah I've made notes :o: in PY2 I got 102/120 iirc
    You will so get an A!!
    I vaguely remember you getting really good results for the other units so dont stress too much. Unless your aiming for A* then you better stress goddammit! :p:

ReputationRep:
    You will so get an A!!
    I vaguely remember you getting really good results for the other units so dont stress too much. Unless your aiming for A* then you better stress goddammit! :p:
    LOL I want an A* need about 84% I think in this exam so it's unlikely. Sigh, I'll be okayish with an A, but my teacher won't .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    LOL I want an A* need about 84% I think in this exam so it's unlikely. Sigh, I'll be okayish with an A, but my teacher won't .
    Same here :/ I'm quite annoyed they introduced the A*..it's so much added pressure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xstarxsparklex)
    Same here :/ I'm quite annoyed they introduced the A*..it's so much added pressure!
    I despise it :mad: how's revision coming along? I know about one essay 8-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I despise it :mad: how's revision coming along? I know about one essay 8-)
    Well, for previous exams I've memorised my essays word for word but trying that this time, it just wasn't working for me at all! So I've just been writing, re-writing, trying to memorise, then writing some more notes.......but that's not working too well either. So to cut a long story short, it's not coming along at all well ta :p: I think I might just scrape enough marks to get an A overall, but my dreams of an A* are long gone!
    How are you revising everything?

ReputationRep:
    Well, for previous exams I've memorised my essays word for word but trying that this time, it just wasn't working for me at all! So I've just been writing, re-writing, trying to memorise, then writing some more notes.......but that's not working too well either. So to cut a long story short, it's not coming along at all well ta :p: I think I might just scrape enough marks to get an A overall, but my dreams of an A* are long gone!
    How are you revising everything?
    Gah, I don't think I'm really going to get the A* either :sigh:

Haha I've not revised THAT much btu I've written model answers out now just need to learn them all, maybe write them out in note form really briefly with word cues or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Gah, I don't think I'm really going to get the A* either :sigh:

Haha I've not revised THAT much btu I've written model answers out now just need to learn them all, maybe write them out in note form really briefly with word cues or something...
    Ahh sounds good. Are all your other exams out the way now?

ReputationRep:
    Quick question about the specification..

Take relationships for example, one of the points is:
    Explanations for formation. (sociobiological, attraction, social exchange)

In the brackets, is that just what we need to know - or is it just examples of what we need to know i.e there's more?
    I just confused myself because I've got names and theories all over the place in my notes then when I looked at the specification it doesn't look like I need to know half of it. Is it just being vague? It's confusing as the specification for PY3 was pretty much everything we needed to know written down. Just wondered if this was the same or if it's just a bit vague. If any of this makes sense?!

ReputationRep:
    Quick question about the specification..

Take relationships for example, one of the points is:
    Explanations for formation. (sociobiological, attraction, social exchange)

In the brackets, is that just what we need to know - or is it just examples of what we need to know i.e there's more?
    I just confused myself because I've got names and theories all over the place in my notes then when I looked at the specification it doesn't look like I need to know half of it. Is it just being vague? It's confusing as the specification for PY3 was pretty much everything we needed to know written down. Just wondered if this was the same or if it's just a bit vague. If any of this makes sense?!
    I assume it means etc. They are some of the things you can talk about, but if you have other relevent things to talk about that would also be ok? I'm not too sure about relationships because I'm not doing that topic myself. But for example, where I'm writing about aetiologies of Schizophrenia, I would write about 2 biological explanations (E.g, genes, brain chemistry) and 2 psycho/social ones (E.g, family dysfunction and social class). I heard for top marks they are looking for breadth and depth, so if you've got plenty of points, just make sure they do have some detail to them and you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I assume it means etc. They are some of the things you can talk about, but if you have other relevent things to talk about that would also be ok? I'm not too sure about relationships because I'm not doing that topic myself. But for example, where I'm writing about aetiologies of Schizophrenia, I would write about 2 biological explanations (E.g, genes, brain chemistry) and 2 psycho/social ones (E.g, family dysfunction and social class). I heard for top marks they are looking for breadth and depth, so if you've got plenty of points, just make sure they do have some detail to them and you should be fine!
    Right ok, I'm with you! Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.