Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    thought this might be useful
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip research methods.pages.zip (112.1 KB, 69 views)

ReputationRep:
    It's a zip file I can't open it. What is it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Thank you

For EWT and its unreliability an overall evaluation point could be about how it has severe implications in real life by suggesting that a defendant may often be found guilty for a crime they didn't commit just because of a witness's biased schema or emotional state at the time or whatever is a factor affecting ewt. It suggests that injustices may occur in the legal system due to faulty testimonies and raises an important issue that should be considered by the courts and legal system
    Yeah I do do that kind of stuff as well - its a nice concluding paragraph sort of thing but also evaluate isnt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    It's a zip file I can't open it. What is it??
    I extracted it - but still wasnt able to open the file properly. A thumbnail of the document shows that its research methods stuff. So its not really usefull for py4 - good for py3 people though obv.

ReputationRep:
    i wonder..... when we put all these studys, do the markers have a page telling them all the relevant studys possible for the particular question? or do they kinda think........
    "hey that sounds relevant 'TICK''
    i cant imagine wjec markers who dont do psychology going through studys to see if we're right, as theres just so many?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximillian)
    i wonder..... when we put all these studys, do the markers have a page telling them all the relevant studys possible for the particular question? or do they kinda think........
    "hey that sounds relevant 'TICK''
    i cant imagine wjec markers who dont do psychology going through studys to see if we're right, as theres just so many?
    There are many studies that most people will put in so they will be familiar with what each study is. I think there are only a couple of examiners marketing the entire py4 papers.
    If an unusual study is written then they try checking to see if its a real study. And I imagine they do look for relevance and accuracy.

ReputationRep:
    I really cant do this Disorders of memory essay - I might just not bother learning for it and pray it never comes up. >_>

ReputationRep:
    Disorders if memory is so confusing! I can't remember the findings either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Findings? what findings lol. The only information I have is what you posted a couple of pages back. Other than that I basically have powerpoint handout from my teacher and all it says is some very basic ao1 - nothing else. I'm not joking.

ReputationRep:
    Findings like Kopelman and Taylor's, Reed and Squire's, Matt Riddley's

ReputationRep:
    what is everyone doing to memorise these essays specifically, just out of interest? Are you just making notes and spider diagrams and what not? Im just writing colourful notes lol.

ReputationRep:
    I just do timed essays :o:

ReputationRep:
    im just trying to memorise essay plans, seems scary when u think ah **** theres 20 to learn!!! but just break them down into each of the 5 of whatever you're doing (im doing abnormal, forensic, memory and the controversies) and just try make sure u remember everything to write! im usually a student like for py3 there were only 5 possible essay questions that would come up, i would memorise model answers word for word so i could write it without worrying whether ive put everything in the exam. however...... on py4 20 model answers would come to about 60 pages of writing which is just an overload lol, hence learning the essay plans which i havent written all of them out yet!!!! eeek so if anyone has quite clear essay plans dont be shy, spread the love x

ReputationRep:
    How many essays do we have to write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    You just need to write about some case studies, like Clive Wearing and H.M.
    Clive Wearing had retrograde and anterograde amnesia and H.M had anterograde amnesia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjplayer369)
    How many essays do we have to write?
    You have 20 or 21 potential essays to learn.

And they will ask for 4 in the actual exam.
    Works out 37 minutes roughly for each essay.

Although in the controversies they will ask for a definition of a term (worth 3 marks)
    and the essay is 22marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bedwasboy2k6)
    what is everyone doing to memorise these essays specifically, just out of interest? Are you just making notes and spider diagrams and what not? Im just writing colourful notes lol.
    Spider diagrams are for little children lol
    I try constructing grade A answers then re-write them into two pages then re-write into one page
    then try writing the entire essay in bullet points within 15 minutes without notes. I'll expand on the points when it comes to the actual exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Spider diagrams are for little children lol
    I try constructing grade A answers then re-write them into two pages then re-write into one page
    then try writing the entire essay in bullet points within 15 minutes without notes. I'll expand on the points when it comes to the actual exam.
    thats what i do more or less, i read my huge pile of notes, then i write them, re write them until their condensed into tiny bullet points. i got 6 essays on 1 page for py2 lol

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have anything for the issues of bias in diagnostic systems? i have nothing... :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bedwasboy2k6)
    thats what i do more or less, i read my huge pile of notes, then i write them, re write them until their condensed into tiny bullet points. i got 6 essays on 1 page for py2 lol
    Haha I did this too pretty much what did you get in py2?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.