Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjplayer369)
    You just need to write about some case studies, like Clive Wearing and H.M.
    Clive Wearing had retrograde and anterograde amnesia and H.M had anterograde amnesia.
    I have Clive Wearing but not H.M. There are still other findings to remember :/ like my section for Alzheimers is based around what causes it I.e genetics or brain abnormalities. And there's findings that need to be included there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Haha I did this too pretty much what did you get in py2?
    i had an E the first time round LOL. Dont even ask...
    Resat it this summer. I reckon I got a B maybe?
    I am the only person in my class who has passed in the two years we've been doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bedwasboy2k6)
    i had an E the first time round LOL. Dont even ask...
    Resat it this summer. I reckon I got a B maybe?
    I am the only person in my class who has passed in the two years we've been doing it
    Your whole class got E and U grades :ninja:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Your whole class got E and U grades :ninja:?
    yeah.. i had a D overall for AS. There were 2 other people with E's. There were about 10 U's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bedwasboy2k6)
    yeah.. i had a D overall for AS. There were 2 other people with E's. There were about 10 U's.
    Oh :/ small class! Bad teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Oh :/ small class! Bad teachers?
    I am always reluctant to blame bad results on bad teachers because its such a cliche, but given that my friend in the class got A's and B's in everything else and I got B's and C's in maths and physics and that my teacher missed three topics. Then yes... Im thinking the teaching may have been a bit ropey

ReputationRep:
    This status of psychology essay is arfhhhhh so annoyin fdfdfdhhsgfgffhhffdgsgffdff :stomp: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Can anyone please give me a simple explanation of Libet and how he fits into freewill question on paper 4 controversies?

ReputationRep:
    Huh? Libet?

ReputationRep:
    what do people think is predicted for controversies section??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    This status of psychology essay is arfhhhhh so annoyin fdfdfdhhsgfgffhhffdgsgffdff :stomp: :mad: :mad:
    How come. I've suddenly thought of an essay plan. Basicallly define science. Talk about what approaches follow science and what doesn't. Talk about kuhn saying psychology doesn't have a common paradigm like biology or physics do. So its a pre science. Tap about how science is about being nomothetic but since psychology measures intangible things such as memory or stress there are diff ways of meaauring . No totally valid method unlike volts or litres. Then say science brings knowledge which psychology has done. And i conclude that's its probably scientific because wehave shifted towards cognitive which uses lab and looks at biology abit. Also it could be seen as a social science

Sory for typos . Im on my touch phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Huh? Libet?
    The name Libet is.mentioned on the specimen paper mark scheme. But I've ignored it and am just gonna learn other things.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhhhh ok cool. And haha good structure tbh!! Mine is basically :define a science and Alport's criteria, Kuhn's idea of a science. Then Eysenck saying it is a science due to the lab method. Objectivity and how it is sometimes and isn't sometimes achieved. Hilborn's chaos theory regarding objectivity. Kuhn's paradigm approach, Palermo's criticism of it. Falsifiability and Freud as an example of bad science but Broadbent's filter theory of attention being falsifiable. Social constructionist and humanistic psychologists saying it isn't a science and doesn't need to be. Then Silfe and Williams talking about how regarding it as a science results in greater funding :/

Also sorry for typos cos I'm using this itouch haha

ReputationRep:
    this is probably quite unlikely but is anyone else doing physics ph5 on tuesday (technically tomorrow)? If so, are you also feeling sorry for yourself trying to memorise essays and doing past papers and failing at both?

ReputationRep:
    Just some thigns yo ucan talk about other than flashbulbs and repression in the emotions essay:

Mood congruency effect

The emotional state someone is in may help them retrieve memories that has similar emotional content. Low/bad mood may be able to remember more negative memories.

Bower - participants kept a diary for a week and record pleasant/unpleasant events. The participants were then hypnotised and their mood was suggested to them, those in a happy mood tended to remember pleasant events, and those in a sad mood tended to retrieve unpleasant ones.

Sometimes when we are in a bad mood we may actually intentionally try thinking of happy memories to cheer ourselves up – leading to retrieval of mood-incongruent memories as Parrott and Sabini found in several naturalistic studies.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of definitions for the 3 marker questions on the controversies section? I don't seem to be able to do them :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meerymeet)
    Hi, Can anyone please give me a simple explanation of Libet and how he fits into freewill question on paper 4 controversies?
    Libet carried out a study of voluntary action which suggested that unconcious processes in the brain initiated actions participants thought they had chosen to do, suggesting free will does not really exist.

You can see more about his study here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ4nwTTmcgs

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, is there anybody doing sport psychology??
    also on the spec for controversies, does the internal and external influences of behaviour essay refer to what ur all saying about the nature/nurture debate? im confused??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fitch92)
    hey guys, is there anybody doing sport psychology??
    also on the spec for controversies, does the internal and external influences of behaviour essay refer to what ur all saying about the nature/nurture debate? im confused??
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    LETS REVIEW EVERYONE's PROGRESS again

how many essays do you feel you confidently know.
    For me its 9 out of the 20 so yeah I need to get a move on lol
    Hopefully will learn 5 more tonight.
    Then 6 tomorrow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.