Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ohhhhhhhh ok cool. And haha good structure tbh!! Mine is basically :define a science and Alport's criteria, Kuhn's idea of a science. Then Eysenck saying it is a science due to the lab method. Objectivity and how it is sometimes and isn't sometimes achieved. Hilborn's chaos theory regarding objectivity. Kuhn's paradigm approach, Palermo's criticism of it. Falsifiability and Freud as an example of bad science but Broadbent's filter theory of attention being falsifiable. Social constructionist and humanistic psychologists saying it isn't a science and doesn't need to be. Then Silfe and Williams talking about how regarding it as a science results in greater funding :/

Also sorry for typos cos I'm using this itouch haha
    oh yeah - I talk about how Eysencks theory that people with high neuroticism are more likely to be suscepitble to disease or something but this has been falsified - hence psychology is like a science according to Popper (scientific theories should falsifiable)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Yep.
    so what will the question ask about nature/nurture? i didnt have a clue this was in it.

ReputationRep:
    Forensics people! for the treatmets and punishments what kid of treatment/punish did you talk about?

I've got Token Economies, Social Skills Training, Zero Tolerance and Restorative Justice.

Came across this article:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8558802.stm

Useful for the whole 'society benefits' bit like how reducing reoffenders could save us money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fitch92)
    so what will the question ask about nature/nurture? i didnt have a clue this was in it.
    Well I dont know what they could ask ... they could say Is human behaviour influenced by genetics or environment.

Or maybe they could say 'behaviour is due to the environment - discuss whether this is true'

So you basically still look at the Nature argumnts e.g. Biologial approah an Nurture e.g. Behaviourists.

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont know what they could ask ... they could say Is human behaviour influenced by genetics or environment.

Or maybe they could say 'behaviour is due to the environment - discuss whether this is true'

So you basically still look at the Nature argumnts e.g. Biologial approah an Nurture e.g. Behaviourists.
    Ok thanks for that uve made it alot clearer for me now.

ReputationRep:
    Forensics people! for the treatmets and punishments what kid of treatment/punish did you talk about?

I've got Token Economies, Social Skills Training, Zero Tolerance and Restorative Justice.

Useful for the whole 'society benefits' bit like how reducing reoffenders could save us money
    Thanks for the link. for trmt and punishment i also did controlling aggression - idea that anger is primary cause of violent criminal acts. and did zero tolerance.
    what do u have on social skills training, and restorative justice?

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for that uve made it alot clearer for me now.
    No problemo
    Also you could discuss a certain topic and say whether its due to nature or nurture e.g. Intelligence or Schizophrenia

ReputationRep:

thanks for link. i did zero tolerance and.. controlling aggression as well for t+p of crime - idea that anger is the primary cause of violent acts.
    what do u have on social skills training and restorative justice? i havnt done them.

ReputationRep:
    No problemo
    Also you could discuss a certain topic and say whether its due to nature or nurture e.g. Intelligence or Schizophrenia
    yeah thanks for that.
    for t+p of crime i also do controlling aggression - the idea that anger is the primary cause of violent acts and i do zero tolerance.
    what do u have on social and restorative? i havnt done them

ReputationRep:
    yeah thanks for that.
    for t+p of crime i also do controlling aggression - the idea that anger is the primary cause of violent acts and i do zero tolerance.
    what do u have on social and restorative? i havnt done them
    well social skills training involves improving communication of the offenders e.g. good eye contact.
    Spence and Marzilla found that this treatment did reduce levels of conviction rates .... however it was found after interviewing that the group did commit crimes but they just got away with more due to being able to speak well to police (lol!)
    so it doesnt actually work very well at what its meant to do.

Restorative justice is basically (google it) where the victim and offender and other people all work together to think of what should be done regarding the sentence or compensation. Uses things like the offender talks to the victim. Its good because victim understands where offender is coming from and offender feels guilty so less likely to reoffend.
    However its not useful for victimless crimes e.g. shoplifting because there isnt really a direct victim.

Do you study the Memory topic?

ReputationRep:
    MEMORY -
    MSM = multistore model
    Alt. to MSM

CONTROVERSIES
    Cost-benefit
    Culture Bias

I have word.doc revision notes on those topics if anyones intrested...
    If anyone can help me, Im really struggling with memory (irony lol ) we had a student teacher come in and teach us it, and tbh, i didn't have that much confidence in her, it was prob just me, but now i'm finding it very difficult.
    All this revision is driving me insane peopleee, anyone feeling the same?

ReputationRep:
    Got about nine left to learn

ReputationRep:
    Btw internal and external factors are to do with free will and determinism too.

ReputationRep:

I have Zero Tolerance and the NY case study, CBT which includes the attribution therapy I.e social skills stuff and also anger management. Token economy and how it was displayed by Hobbs and Halt i think. And castration :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I have Zero Tolerance and the NY case study, CBT which includes the attribution therapy I.e social skills stuff and also anger management. Token economy and how it was displayed by Hobbs and Halt i think. And castration :ninja:
    I was meaning to ask you about that actually... castration ... :eek3:
    is it actually effective lol

Heres some more Token stuff:
    Rice did a follow up on a place which used token economies and found no benefits of it so the treatment isnt effective in the long term. Blackburn said token economics offer little rehabilitative value.

I also have the NY case study. With Pollard being the critic of the method.

ReputationRep:
    This may sound really cheeky but im desperate for anyone doing relationships, do you have any notes or an example essay you could send me on "understudied relationships" the one on CMC's, its the only one in relationships i hate, my notes are rubbish as when i used them i got a D for my essay and i just want to cry, any help would be muchly appreciated I always have bad luck in exams, all the stuff i dread to come up always comes up!! x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paula3412)
    This may sound really cheeky but im desperate for anyone doing relationships, do you have any notes or an example essay you could send me on "understudied relationships" the one on CMC's, its the only one in relationships i hate, my notes are rubbish as when i used them i got a D for my essay and i just want to cry, any help would be muchly appreciated I always have bad luck in exams, all the stuff i dread to come up always comes up!! x x
    Well I hope the understudied comes up lol its one that I can actually do ok in lol.
    If you go to the Revision Notes section of TSR and navigate through it you will find some good notes on that essay.

Or go back a few pages on this thread and I have posted a very brief plan of my essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Got about nine left to learn
    I have 10 to learn including 4 to actually write an essay plan in the first place.... I hate you controversies.
    Wallowing in self pity is beginning to be a hobby of mine.

ReputationRep:
    I was meaning to ask you about that actually... castration ... :eek3:
    is it actually effective lol

Heres some more Token stuff:
    Rice did a follow up on a place which used token economies and found no benefits of it so the treatment isnt effective in the long term. Blackburn said token economics offer little rehabilitative value.

I also have the NY case study. With Pollard being the critic of the method.
    It's been shown to be quite effective actually :ninja: but it's unethical and all that jazz. What's Pollard? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Also for theories of crime could it ask for specifically biological or specifically psychological or whatever??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.