Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    It's on the first page :/ first post.

And also, that's not really a good idea. My teacher used to help write questions for aqa or something and said they'd purposely put up some of the same material or questions from specimens and from the last exam because students tend to not bother learning them.
    yeah thats what im worried about, iv just 18/21 essays and nearly done my 19th need to recap them all 2moro tho before the exam, but the other to i really dont understand

ReputationRep:
    :console: just try tonight! You know loads already!!! And also, I dunno whether to get a late night/late morning or early night and wake up early hmmmm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    :console: just try tonight! You know loads already!!! And also, I dunno whether to get a late night/late morning or early night and wake up early hmmmm!
    I have two essays left, understudied relationships and psychology as a science i just dont understand the structure or anything!! I guess im hoping the 7th controversie we havent done doesnt come up so i atleast get the choice if psy as a science comes up!! Even though i have done 19/21 now i still need to recap them all, i know some pretty well, others are weak and not to hot on names of researchers but i can just write a psychologist did... and hope i dont looose marks. Need an A tho well im going to have a moderate night lol bout half 10,11 so not too late and going in school for normal time to sit in library and get tested on if that helps you make a decision lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paula3412)
    I have two essays left, understudied relationships and psychology as a science i just dont understand the structure or anything!! I guess im hoping the 7th controversie we havent done doesnt come up so i atleast get the choice if psy as a science comes up!! Even though i have done 19/21 now i still need to recap them all, i know some pretty well, others are weak and not to hot on names of researchers but i can just write a psychologist did... and hope i dont looose marks. Need an A tho well im going to have a moderate night lol bout half 10,11 so not too late and going in school for normal time to sit in library and get tested on if that helps you make a decision lol!
    I have about six areas left and I'm not good with depression gah!

Btw there's only 6 controversies altogether :/

Do you need an A to get an overall A??

ReputationRep:
    I am actually starting to get really worried now.
    Since I've been doing the entire alevel in a year for the first time.
    I dont know what I've got in unit 2 so I don't really know what I will need to get in this unit 4 to get an A

I have actually forgotten the names for some of these essays as well
    And ive lost my nature nurture essay =/

FML
    I am sooooo hoping that they make this paper nice.

ReputationRep:
    How do you not know?? You sat both this year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

6? like youve not learnt 6 essays remainng essays yet. You've actually made me a bit more comfortable since I have roughly around that many to learn as well lol.

BTW to the people saying could they make up studies. The markers do actually search up studies they arent familiar with. One of my teachers marks this unit 4 paper. Ive asked her if she knew what was coming up but unfortunately since she is 'just' a marker she doesnt know darn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    How do you not know?? You sat both this year??
    Basically I did this (never done psychology before so learnt it all in a year)

January 2010
    PY1 (with the AS-level class) got an A
    PY3 (with the A2 class) got an A
    altogether have 140 ums so far

June 2010
    PY2 (with AS class)
    Dont know what I got since results in August - paper went well but everybody liked it so the grade boundaries could be really high

PY4 (with A2 class)
    God knows how this paper is going to be like.

ReputationRep:
    Yep six areas

and how do you know for sure they'll look it up? :/ I'd have thought they want to get marking out of the way not make it an even more tedious job :o: and sometimes a student might spell the psychologist wrong or slightly forget the name but it doesn't mean they've made it up :o:

ReputationRep:
    I need an A tommorow and ive just started revision! im just doing to end up with sumthing ridiculous !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Yep six areas

and how do you know for sure they'll look it up? :/ I'd have thought they want to get marking out of the way not make it an even more tedious job :o: and sometimes a student might spell the psychologist wrong or slightly forget the name but it doesn't mean they've made it up :o:
    Teacher who is a py4 marker said
    'try finding out new studies or researching other studies than the ones I give you' if an examiner spots something that does seem unusual they will try googling it.
    So yeah I guess they would search for it. And if you made a slight spelling mistake but its for a 'generic' study then I'm sure they will still credit it. Doubt they would give marks though if its not a well known study and youve spelt it wrong.

I often spell Eysenck wrong lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

Sorry for the late reply! i need to get 99/120 for my A overall, you need 96 on this exam for an A anyways. But i did resit PY3 so hoping that helped me a little.

I was told there was a total of 7 Controversies :s i found these on the spec i will paste them below;

There are seven controversial issues:
    • The status of psychology as a science
    • The balance of scientific benefits measured against ethical costs in psychology
    • The balance of internal and external influences on human behaviour
    • The balance of genetic and environmental influences on human behaviour
    • Issues of cultural bias in psychology
    • Issues of gender bias in psychology
    • The question of free will and determinism in respect of human behaviour

We havent learnt that internal/external influences one? if other people have then this suggests there is 7 in total so 1 may come up some of us dont know Anyone learning this controversie "The balance of internal and external influences on human behaviour" please speak up lol?

ReputationRep:
    gl everyone tommorow, fml i only want a D lol and id be chuffed, farewell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paula3412)
    Sorry for the late reply! i need to get 99/120 for my A overall, you need 96 on this exam for an A anyways. But i did resit PY3 so hoping that helped me a little.

I was told there was a total of 7 Controversies :s i found these on the spec i will paste them below;

There are seven controversial issues:
    • The status of psychology as a science
    • The balance of scientific benefits measured against ethical costs in psychology
    • The balance of internal and external influences on human behaviour
    • The balance of genetic and environmental influences on human behaviour
    • Issues of cultural bias in psychology
    • Issues of gender bias in psychology
    • The question of free will and determinism in respect of human behaviour

We havent learnt that internal/external influences one? if other people have then this suggests there is 7 in total so 1 may come up some of us dont know Anyone learning this controversie "The balance of internal and external influences on human behaviour" please speak up lol?
    They decided to get rid of one. That is the old copy of the new spec.
    Go to the WJEC website now and look at the spec there and you will see that there are now 6 controversies. Meaning you can get away with learning 5 but you wont get to 'choose which question' you want to answer if one of them is the topic you didnt study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Go to the WJEC website now and look at the spec there and you will see that there are now 6 controversies. Meaning you can get away with learning 5 but you wont get to 'choose which question' you want to answer if one of them is the topic you didnt study.
    Ahh well i will double check with my teacher 2moro as dont wana risk it but dont reckon i will learn that 6th controversie then! Wow uve made my day haha! Only need to cover 1 essay thanks to you telling me that nd then recap them all! Good luck for 2moro

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna revise a bit more doing based diagnostic systems now. Gah!!!! Good luck. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    which one of the above have they got rid of?

ReputationRep:
    They've got rid of internal/external factors.

But tbh my free will and determinism essay talks about internal and external factors acting on a person :/

ReputationRep:
    Is any of you doing understudied relationships?

ReputationRep:
    wow is nature /nurutre debabte not a controversy??? iv just spent an hour learning that !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.