Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any one have a model answer for offender punishments and treatments, factors affecting EWT and approaches to profiling??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz09)
    wow is nature /nurutre debabte not a controversy??? iv just spent an hour learning that !
    :confused: it is

ReputationRep:
    ok ive just read that list someone posted.. and it didnt mention it.. unless its got a DIFFRENT HEADING :s Im just completly lost..

ReputationRep:
    Nature nurture = genetics / environment

ReputationRep:
    lol ok stupidd meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it the actual name for the nature/nurture controversie is the one that phrases it as environmental and genetic influences? but im glad i know it could be phrased nature/nurture else i would be stumped! If you go on the spec thats on the first page on this blog, and scroll down a couple of pages it has the most rescent list of the 6 controversies. I reccomend people have a look so they know what the questions will be like 2moro

ReputationRep:
    Yeah nature and nurture refers to environment and genetics or whatever, have you not been told?? Those who follow the nature argument believe behaviour is a result of genetics and heredity, whereas environmentalist believe it's down to environmental factors like culture and upbringing

ReputationRep:
    My teacher just gave us some information packs and a model answer that was it becasue we ran out of time.. there so unorganised all my class dont have a clue whats going on anyway

ReputationRep:
    How could you have ran out of time?? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Well school finished like in may.. and the teacher hardly came to school we always had a sub because she just had baby and stuff.. soo missed loads of lessons so we were really behind.And jsut got dished out lots of information and have no clue how to put it together.

ReputationRep:
    PY4 does seem to have rather too much content. I was hard pushed to get it all in before the May Half Term deadline when students went off for study leave and left. If I could have taught up to the exam ( given its now) I would have been quids in.

Its the first teach of this re organsied spec and more has been added, especially to the controversies section which makes it a hard teach frankly. Next year I will have to re organise.

Good luck to all sitting this morning. I am sure you will not need itas you have worked hard.

ReputationRep:
    I think most teachers I know went down the route of five controversies because of time factors.
    Its not much of a risk if students learn the five well.

You can do the same on PY3 ( which I did) .

Jabed - 140 ums would give you a B grade overall as it stands without any marks on the other two papers however, since you have only have one paper at AS thus far, I am not sure how WJEC will view it. You cannot trigger the AS on PY1 and you are about 20 marks short overall of triggering an E for the A2 - so you need at least a mark of 20 on your combined PY2 and PY4 papers - which isnt a lot really if you work it out.

There is nothing in the spec about students who get Py1 and PY3 but fail to make a pass grade on PY2 and PY4! I am sure that will not happen though.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

we finished the whole spec about a week or two before we broke up from college

ReputationRep:
    Gahhhhhhhh I want an A* but will need about 102 today

ReputationRep:
    someone shoot me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikecookies)
    someone shoot me now
    Lets try doing it together.. im seriously going to die today

ReputationRep:
    I'm rather nervous tbh. I think its the length of the exam that makes me nervous and the amount we have to remember.

ReputationRep:
    It's honestly an alright exam. I took it in January however I missed off a B by a tiny percentage, hence why i'm re-taking. Good luck to you all.

ReputationRep:
    So ive probably got only 70 out of 100 due to that stupid question aka disorders of memory.
    Could have got 80 if it was another essay.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh it was so good! Could have been much much worse.
    I'm happy!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.