Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Haha why are you worrying?!?! What you wrote sounds really good!!!
    I hope so, ive been confident for most of my psych exams in the past, accept i did badly LOL! ...thats operant conditioning for you. Damn you negative reinforcement D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ohhh cool Never heard of him hahaa. What topics did you focus on in your controversy? Or did you look at each approach and say whether it follows genetics or environment??

Do you have a really good psychology department or are you just realllyyyy good at it :p:? haha
    Erm....I don't know about topics really...just random studies and points haha!
    P1-Money's study of Bruce Reimer -Genetic
    P2-Bandura's social learning theory -Environment
    P3-Kety's adoption studies into causes of Schizophrenia -Genetic
    P4-Skinner's operant conditioning -Environment (This should have been Watson apparantly, but they have similar explanations reallly..:rolleyes: )
    P5-Freud - libido, unconscious mind, defence mechanisms -Genetic
    P6-Freud- childhood experiences -Environmental

And yeah, my psychology department is pretty cool. All the teachers are good, but there's this one teacher who is just amazing! She's so passionate, slightly mad, and really does work around the clock for us! I'm quite sad to leave her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bedwasboy2k6)
    oh by the way, the model answer was off my teacher, but it was a typed transcript from an exam which got an A. It had the examiners comments on it and everything. The examiner gave majority of the marks for AO2 for that first paragraph! So I made sure I learned it lol.
    Exampler answers?! I've looked alllllll over the WJEC website and never seen one of those :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xstarxsparklex)
    Erm....I don't know about topics really...just random studies and points haha!
    P1-Money's study of Bruce Reimer -Genetic
    P2-Bandura's social learning theory -Environment
    P3-Kety's adoption studies into causes of Schizophrenia -Genetic
    P4-Skinner's operant conditioning -Environment (This should have been Watson apparantly, but they have similar explanations reallly..:rolleyes: )
    P5-Freud - libido, unconscious mind, defence mechanisms -Genetic
    P6-Freud- childhood experiences -Environmental

And yeah, my psychology department is pretty cool. All the teachers are good, but there's this one teacher who is just amazing! She's so passionate, slightly mad, and really does work around the clock for us! I'm quite sad to leave her!
    Aww you get on quite well with them all? :p:

I was meant to mention Freud in my essay and TOTALLY forgot. He's an example of the interaction between the two gah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Aww you get on quite well with them all? :p:

I was meant to mention Freud in my essay and TOTALLY forgot. He's an example of the interaction between the two gah
    Yeahhh :') Good times have been had! Do you not get on with yours so well?
    Ah Freud shmoid..you'll be fine! You have plenty of people I didn't that are dead good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Exampler answers?! I've looked alllllll over the WJEC website and never seen one of those :\
    i dont know where she got them from to be honest, it wasnt off the internet. I think she got it from a teachers meeting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xstarxsparklex)
    Yeahhh :') Good times have been had! Do you not get on with yours so well?
    Ah Freud shmoid..you'll be fine! You have plenty of people I didn't that are dead good
    Haha I think the Psychology department is my favourite they're all really nice and joke about a lot too :p: And I get on really well with my teacher, he said today that he'll have noone coming to him asking him questions anymore lol. And I think I'm okay with the describe but not the evaluate

(Original post by bedwasboy2k6)
    i dont know where she got them from to be honest, it wasnt off the internet. I think she got it from a teachers meeting
    Oohh that's really good!! And it's good that you managed to include it in your own essay :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Im not going to enjoy my summer properly now since this exam has gone so pear shaped for me (all because of that stupid memory disorders essay grrr)
    I can only hope I did ok in it and py2 gave me lots of UMS.
    I need 180UMS from a combo of py2 and py4 to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    how long were everyones answers out of interest? mine were 2 1/2 pages on average, i was averaging about 7 words per line. So im estimating between 500 and 600 words per essay? Which seems kind of low compared with my initial ambition of about 800 words lol

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about 4 words per line and each essay was about 6 sides long. Basically, it was about between two and a half sides and three and a half sides of normal writing I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Im not going to enjoy my summer properly now since this exam has gone so pear shaped for me (all because of that stupid memory disorders essay grrr)
    I can only hope I did ok in it and py2 gave me lots of UMS.
    I need 180UMS from a combo of py2 and py4 to get an A.
    That seems fairly okay! A high B in each one to get an A overall seems finee don't you think??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    There is a book with some " model answers" now on the WJEC site but I do not think its been there long ( not long enough for anyone to get it round to students before the exam!). To be honest, I know a lot of teachers who would have liked it too.

Most "model" answers are gleaned by teachers getting back past papers and running off the high scoring ones as examples. Sometimes like me, teachers may write their own and sometimes they use ones written by students as prep.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellpastmybedtime)
    There is a book with some " model answers" now on the WJEC site but I do not think its been there long ( not long enough for anyone to get it round to students before the exam!). To be honest, I know a lot of teachers who would have liked it too.

Most "model" answers are gleaned by teachers getting back past papers and running off the high scoring ones as examples. Sometimes like me, teachers may write their own and sometimes they use ones written by students as prep.

Hope that helps.
    Oh thanks, cool

I actually don't think I did well yesterday, now that I'm looking back in retrospect. Gah :/

ReputationRep:
    Also I looked on the wjec website and can't find them 'model answers' anywhere

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide how the exam went!
    I definitely screwed up a bit on the controversy, really wanted free will to come up, ah well. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet25)
    I can't decide how the exam went!
    I definitely screwed up a bit on the controversy, really wanted free will to come up, ah well. :/
    What makes you unable to decide how it went??

ReputationRep:
    Because I didn't write as much as I could for the controversies and felt like what I was writing was absolute crap, but we shall see!
    And aetiologies of schizophrenia was my least favourite essay out of the lot of them, so I was gutted when it came up!
    Plodded my way through it though, so fingers crossed.
    How much evaluation did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I didn't do much

I think starsparkle did a lot

ReputationRep:
    I did like, a strength and a weakness for each study I mentioned, but I feel like I should have done more.
    Having said that, it was decent evaluation, statistical and all that, so hopefully that will redeem me!

ReputationRep:
    I probably did even less Half of my evaluation might not even be classed as evaluation sometimes I wrote 'A strength of this is' 'A weakness of this is' but then not sure if the other evaluations will count.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.