Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you need in order to get your grade for uni?
    I hope the grade boundaries are reasonable because I honestly worked my arse off for that exam!

ReputationRep:
    How freaking annoying is that. They dish out the modal answers which can be used for guidance just before or after the exam. What use is that for us students. Sure the next year can use them but we didnt =/
    I feel like we were all just guinnea pigs in this exam.

ReputationRep:
    I've already spent a nice long session crying over me thinking I might not get an A which I so desperately need.
    Trying to make myself think - that there is nothing we can do about it now and all we can do now is hope that WJEC understands that we deserve some credit for being the first lot to do this paper and because there were no mark schemes available apart from the specimen paper. That is what I dislike about this exam board the most. The lack of mark schemes unless you want to fork out money for the few that are available on the shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet25)
    What do you need in order to get your grade for uni?
    I hope the grade boundaries are reasonable because I honestly worked my arse off for that exam!
    what do I need overall or in this exam? I'm after an A overall, wanted an A* but won't be getting one you??

(Original post by jabed786)
    I've already spent a nice long session crying over me thinking I might not get an A which I so desperately need.
    Trying to make myself think - that there is nothing we can do about it now and all we can do now is hope that WJEC understands that we deserve some credit for being the first lot to do this paper and because there were no mark schemes available apart from the specimen paper. That is what I dislike about this exam board the most. The lack of mark schemes unless you want to fork out money for the few that are available on the shop.
    :console:

I looked on the website and couldn't find the model answers. If I see them I'll probably get depressed about my lack of mark-worthy stuff

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I am not sure you can obtain themat WJEV.

If you e mail me I can send you the book they put out. Any e mail will do. PM in the first instance with e mail, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for sending the booklet. It's odd that they only included two topics or whatever. My disorders of memory essay wasn't like that at all for Alzheimers I just talked about two causes I.e genetics and abnormal brain structures.

Are they meant to be like A grade answers??

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry.

I think we have all been a little surprised.

I was told originally that students needed two explanations in depth or several more broadly covered.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that they were supposed to be marking more harshly for this exam?
    I'll be very disappointed if this is the case, seeing as we have had practically no guidance from the board regarding what we need to get the top grades!
    Welsh board will be the reason I do NOT go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellpastmybedtime)
    Dont worry.

I think we have all been a little surprised.

I was told originally that students needed two explanations in depth or several more broadly covered.
    For Alzheimers and Amnesia? I didn't really have 'explanations' of Amnesia, as such, I just spoke about Organic Amnesia and Clive Wearing, then Psychogenic Amnesia and some evidence. For Alzheimers I mentioned possibly causes.

:dontknow: It's all so weird.

(Original post by sweet25)
    Is it true that they were supposed to be marking more harshly for this exam?
    I'll be very disappointed if this is the case, seeing as we have had practically no guidance from the board regarding what we need to get the top grades!
    Welsh board will be the reason I do NOT go to uni.
    We were told they're going to mark harser for this unit too

ReputationRep:
    I think that's ridiculous, I hope they decide to be more generous. :/
    I covered organic and psychogenic amnesia in depth, but alzheimers rather briefly! :/

ReputationRep:
    Well it didn't state what disorders or how many to cover so you should be fine I forgot how to talk about psychogenic amnesia haha the whole paper was a bit waffly tbh. Hopefully you'll be fine I've been worry about it too much :puppyeyes: I even had a bad dream about it last night LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Well it didn't state what disorders or how many to cover so you should be fine I forgot how to talk about psychogenic amnesia haha the whole paper was a bit waffly tbh. Hopefully you'll be fine I've been worry about it too much :puppyeyes: I even had a bad dream about it last night LOL
    So have I, I can't stop thinking about it!
    Hopefully we will have done okay, providing they aren't too harsh markers. :/

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully they won't be we've been being told since after January exams that they will be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about this! :/

ReputationRep:
    Same I feel pathetic keep dreaming about it gahhhhhhhhh!!

ReputationRep:
    I dreamt about it last night too, it's terrible!
    It's taking over my holiday, I feel like my life is riding on whether I've done well or not and it's making me so miserable!

ReputationRep:
    same, but there's nothing we can do :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    same, but there's nothing we can do :console:
    this is making me nervous for tomorrow now...

ReputationRep:
    FML :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop eating in nervousness! :yum:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.