Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the Abnormality: how many causes on average do you think should be learnt for Schizophrenia/Depression, and how many treatments of each?

:puppyeyes: I'm sort of struggling and really need an A :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Also, anyone know anything about post 3 here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Also, anyone know anything about post 3 here?
    I came across that post yesterday as well melon, and it has worried me... I'll ask my teacher about it on monday. The fact that the definitions could be asked on something else not actually to do with the controversy itself is worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Okkkaayyy cool. Also, I thought it might be a good idea if everyone who uses this thread says what topics/applications they are doing, and it could be written into your initial first post. That way if anyone needs help with anything, they know who to directly quote. Since WJEC are so strict and unreliable, in my opinion anyway, I wouldn't mind if people quoted me in here asking for notes or anything (not that mine are particularly great), but it would be very useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Okkkaayyy cool. Also, I thought it might be a good idea if everyone who uses this thread says what topics/applications they are doing, and it could be written into your initial first post. That way if anyone needs help with anything, they know who to directly quote. Since WJEC are so strict and unreliable, in my opinion anyway, I wouldn't mind if people quoted me in here asking for notes or anything (not that mine are particularly great), but it would be very useful!
    ok remind me again what you are doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    ok remind me again what you are doing?
    Forensic Psychology
    Abnormal Psychology
    Memory
    Controversies

I think that's it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any of my essays are good enough for A grades. :bawling:

For some we have been given model answers but not for all. I don't mind that, it's just I don't know whether I'm writing sufficiently or relevantly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Forensic Psychology
    Abnormal Psychology
    Memory
    Controversies

I think that's it?
    yep
    I've added you on,
    I've done a lot of the forensic stuff so far... once I get a chance I'll post notes in bullet point format.

ReputationRep:
    yep
    I've added you on,
    I've done a lot of the forensic stuff so far... once I get a chance I'll post notes in bullet point format.
    Okay. We're starting our forensic stuff tomorrow I think. I will write out the essays we are given or notes we are given. He might not give us model answers, but just notes so we can write our own. I'll write them into MS Word then upload them, or something. Or I'll just write it out and if you want you can add it to the initial post or you can just leave it here!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if I haven't explained it all very well; I do tend to ramble on a bit
    I don't think I'm going to enjoy this unit..
    Ooo just found this thread exsisted
    Controversies is compulsory.
    There are more topics under this section on the new paper but the question format is more straightforward ( if they stick to it) . The old format ( pre this year) was difficult to target for top grades
    I have quoted you all to let you know, your username and what topics you are doing for PY4, are written in the first post of this thread. This is so that if people are in need of help they can quote you and ask for it and you can do the same. I'm hoping we can all share exam tips, essay plans, research studies etc.

okay for some reason it looks like the quoting function hasnt really worked as it doesnt say 'originally posted by XXX' oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Okay. We're starting our forensic stuff tomorrow I think. I will write out the essays we are given or notes we are given. He might not give us model answers, but just notes so we can write our own. I'll write them into MS Word then upload them, or something. Or I'll just write it out and if you want you can add it to the initial post or you can just leave it here!
    Hmmm, I think attatching word docs might be the best idea (unless you want to type/copy-paste them directly). Then if more and more people post some of their notes, I'll put them in the first post.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I think attatching word docs might be the best idea (unless you want to type/copy-paste them directly). Then if more and more people post some of their notes, I'll put them in the first post.
    You mean attaching them here, or attaching them in the first post? I don't mind either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    You mean attaching them here, or attaching them in the first post? I don't mind either way.
    I'm thinking attatch them here, like whenever you post a post.
    And then once a few notes have been posted around the thread - I'll save the docs and attatch them all to the original post.

ReputationRep:
    Okay cool , I'll start the abnormal psychology ones. I think it would be quite helpful

ReputationRep:
    I have quoted you all to let you know, your username and what topics you are doing for PY4, are written in the first post of this thread. This is so that if people are in need of help they can quote you and ask for it and you can do the same. I'm hoping we can all share exam tips, essay plans, research studies etc.

okay for some reason it looks like the quoting function hasnt really worked as it doesnt say 'originally posted by XXX' oh well.
    Should I quote them for you? what are their usernames? LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Should I quote them for you? what are their usernames? LOL
    the people i was trying to quote was just everyone who has so far said what they are studying. there usernames are on the first/original post now.

Its up to you if you wanna quote me or someone who is doing abnormal.

ReputationRep:
    the people i was trying to quote was just everyone who has so far said what they are studying. there usernames are on the first/original post now.

Its up to you if you wanna quote me or someone who is doing abnormal.
    I meant quote them to let them know that you've included them on the original post.

There's ilikecookies too, she was one of the first to post I'll quote her too if you choose to add her to the list...

(Original post by xstarxsparklex)
    x
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    x
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle <3)
    not sure how this one will work cos of the love heart so I've done it twice
    (Original post by wellpastmybedtime)
    x

And this is why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I meant quote them to let them know that you've included them on the original post.

There's ilikecookies too, she was one of the first to post I'll quote her too if you choose to add her to the list...

And this is why.
    oh thank you
    yeah I tried to quote them but it didnt attatch there names for some reason lol.
    I'll try quoting ilikecookies and add her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikecookies)
    *watch this thread*
    Hey, the thread is coming along and we have decided that we will put the usernames of people doing PY4 and the topics they are studying in the first/original post so that way if someone wants some help they can ask someone who is studying that unit.
    So please tell us what you are studying if you wish to have your name on the list.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the thread is coming along and we have decided that we will put the usernames of people doing PY4 and the topics they are studying in the first/original post so that way if someone wants some help they can ask someone who is studying that unit.
    So please tell us what you are studying if you wish to have your name on the list.
    :poke:, Jabed.

(Original post by ilikecookies)
    we havent started yet!
    but my teacher said that we are mainly going to look at 4 topics:-
    forensic,memory,abnormal and something else i cant remember!
    he said that PY4 is going to be hard core
    what about you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.