Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Thankssss, and yeah PY4 is uber hard but maybe just start revising a little earlier or something and it might help :blush:
    I dont want to jinx you or anything but looks like you a gonna get an A at the least, I hope you get the A*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    I dont want to jinx you or anything but looks like you a gonna get an A at the least, I hope you get the A*!
    :afraid: Not sure, depends how I do in June.. Inshallah I'll get an A at least ... How did you do for PY3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    :afraid: Not sure, depends how I do in June.. Inshallah I'll get an A at least ... How did you do for PY3?
    just posted my results, I got
    PY3 = 69/80
    PY1 - 71/80
    (Im doing the alevel in a year)

pray for me! I need a a remark to improve my business exam, basically I got 477 UMS and need 480 for an A =/
    I cant resit the exam as well since its an old spec exam so if I dont get this A in my business then I dont get into my firm choice :cry:

ReputationRep:
    just posted my results, I got
    PY3 = 69/80
    PY1 - 71/80
    (Im doing the alevel in a year)

pray for me! I need a a remark to improve my business exam, basically I got 477 UMS and need 480 for an A =/
    I cant resit the exam as well since its an old spec exam so if I dont get this A in my business then I dont get into my firm choice :cry:
    Omg awww Hopefully it will go up!! Order back a photocopy of your script to see if there's anywhere that deserved a mark that they didn't give (before you get it remarked)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Omg awww Hopefully it will go up!! Order back a photocopy of your script to see if there's anywhere that deserved a mark that they didn't give (before you get it remarked)
    I hope so, if I had just got two extra marks in that alevel then I would have got 480, its basically ruined results day for me I was so happy when I got my psychology but once i got the business I was like oh crap.

ReputationRep:
    So back to PY4 stuff, hows it going, everyone. how many essays have you got left to write out? ^_^

ReputationRep:
    To write out for? class??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    To write out for? class??
    For class/for yourself.
    I didnt mean for this thread lol. I meant like how many of the subtopics in each topic (altogether theres 21) have you 'done and dusted' so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, hmmm we are going through Forensics and then we have controversies then finished. Abnormal is the one we seemed to have spent most time on, with Forensic we've been put into groups and each of us will present a different section and then that's it we've finished the area :eek: But saying that, each presentation is about 40-50 minutes :ninja:

I hardly even remember going through the memory topic! (slightly ironic)
    I hope I've got the note booklet at home somewhere :afraid:

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Oooh, hmmm we are going through Forensics and then we have controversies then finished. Abnormal is the one we seemed to have spent most time on, with Forensic we've been put into groups and each of us will present a different section and then that's it we've finished the area :eek: But saying that, each presentation is about 40-50 minutes :ninja:

I hardly even remember going through the memory topic! (slightly ironic)
    I hope I've got the note booklet at home somewhere :afraid:

What about you?
    About 80% finished with relationships, 60% with Forensics. Then we are gonna finish off controversies and Memory.
    Forensics is getting quite interesting

ReputationRep:
    Finished relationships on Friday! Starting forensic psychology tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I really like Psychology but I find the amount of presentations that we're made to do quite tedious

ReputationRep:
    For class/for yourself.
    I didnt mean for this thread lol. I meant like how many of the subtopics in each topic (altogether theres 21) have you 'done and dusted' so to speak.
    21?! On what?! Sub topics?! I suck :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    21?! On what?! Sub topics?! I suck :sigh:
    6 essays on controvies + 5 essays on X + 5 essays on Y + 5 essays on Z = 21

(replace XYZ with whatever topics you are studying e.g. Memory)
    by subtpoics I meant like the little topics you learn wihtin a big topic i.e. in Relationships (big topic) you learn about the Benefits of relationships (subtopic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I really like Psychology but I find the amount of presentations that we're made to do quite tedious
    :aww: I find doing these essays dull

Finished relationships on Friday! Starting forensic psychology tomorrow
    hey do you mind helpin me with the evaluation of cultural variations in rships. what kind of things did you include?

ReputationRep:
    6 essays on controvies + 5 essays on X + 5 essays on Y + 5 essays on Z = 21

(replace XYZ with whatever topics you are studying e.g. Memory)
    by subtpoics I meant like the little topics you learn wihtin a big topic i.e. in Relationships (big topic) you learn about the Benefits of relationships (subtopic)
    Sorry to keep being a pain, you must think I'm useless! Where can I find the specific suptopics? Are they in the specification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Sorry to keep being a pain, you must think I'm useless! Where can I find the specific suptopics? Are they in the specification?
    no worries, yes they are in the spec

ReputationRep:
    no worries, yes they are in the spec
    Awesome, thank you I'll have a read after Coronation Street lol

ReputationRep:

hey do you mind helpin me with the evaluation of cultural variations in rships. what kind of things did you include?
    edit: just saw you said evaluation, so don't know whether this is actually what you wanted :s

I said about the variations between and within cultures - religion, economic status etc etc
    Arranged marriages and if they affected the overall happiness of the relationship.
    Polygyny, polyandry and monogamy.
    Divorce and the social stigma associated with it in different cultures.
    Divorce rates in different cultures.
    Friendship rules in different cultures.

That's about it. Obviously went into more depth and involved a couple of bits of research

----
    I'm really enjoying forensic so far! Think it's going to be my favourite

ReputationRep:
    I don't like presentations Aaaaah! The only topic I know fairly well is Abnormal Psychology... Anyone finished Abnormal yet?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.